More HUD Faces - Extension for Moghunter's Battle, Party, and Actor HUDs

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by LadyBaskerville, Jun 3, 2017.

1. LadyBaskerville

LadyBaskerville Hell-poodle Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found and (hopefully) fixed my mistake. Please download my extension again from the opening post (it's version 1.1.1 now) and check if it works with that.

Version 3.9 for Moghunter is also fine; it was the update to 3.7 that made some changes which versions 1.1.0+ of my extension rely on. (The first error was caused by that, the second by me mixing up two functions :hswt2:.)

2. optiprimeful

optiprimeful Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Attached Files:

3. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you post a screenshot of your plugin manager with all your active plugins as well?
    Also, please try two more things and show the results here:
    In the battle scene, open the console with F8 before the error comes up and input
    Code:
    $gameActors.actor(1).changeBhudFace("Face2")
    directly there and press enter. (It will probably give the same error message as before.)
    In the same fashion, also enter just
    Code:
    $gameActors.actor(1).changeBhudFace
    into the console and show me what it displays then.

I'll be offline for a bit - I'm heading to bed now, but I'll look into this again tomorrow morning.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Your new version 1.1.1 by chance also solves my request ???

5. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lionheart_84 No, not yet, sorry. But thanks for the reminder - I'm looking into it now.

6. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Ok, go ahead !!! :wink: I'll wait!!! :biggrin:

7. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The plugin is now updated to version 1.2.0!

Apart from manually changing the HUD face graphic during the game, you can now assign face graphics for different states to an actor, and the graphic will change automatically when the actor is afflicted by the respective states. You can set these up with notetags in the actor notebox, or change them during the game with Plugin Commands and Script Calls. The state with the highest priority will determine the face graphic used. If there is no face graphic assigned to the actor for this state, the state with the next highest priority will determine the face graphic. If there is no face graphic assigned for any of the actor's states, the default face graphic will be used instead. (See the first post or the Help file for Plugin Commands, Script Calls and Notetags.)

@optiprimeful I haven't found out what causes that error yet, so the new version probably doesn't fix it. When you try what I posted above, please use version 1.2.0 regardless so I can fix there.

8. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh really great!
    Having a character that transforms, it will be useful a lot!

However I was wondering. Does it works with MOG_BattleCommands (for the faces) and MOG_ActorPictureCM too? :o
    That would be perfect! :D

9. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LackeDragon Right now it doesn't, but I'll see if I can add support for those plugins as well.

10. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's good to know, thanks! :)

11. SleepyMachine

SleepyMachine Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heya, so Thank you for making this plugin it's basically saving my life lol,

And um, I was wondering if you were gonna make an addon (or add it to this plugin) for any of the SceneMenu plugins from MOG? Like, changing the face graphics and what not, or if that's even possible lol

12. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's definitely possible! I'm planning to restructure my code a bit in the next update, so it will be easier for me to add support for other Moghunter plugins. (Or maybe it will be an entirely different plugin? I'm not sure yet, but it's going to happen in some way.) It might take me a few more weeks before I get to it, though; I have just a liiittle bit too much going on in my life right now :D

But, yes, I'll see what I can do about the SceneMenu plugins then :) Are there any specific plugins where you want to change the faces, or just the Monogatari ones in general?

13. SleepyMachine

SleepyMachine Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome! No matter how long it takes, You're definitely a savior for doing it lol

As for the plugins I'm using, For now, the Monogatari ones are giving me the most trouble aha

Thank you for replying ^.^

LadyBaskerville likes this.
  14. SaigonMan

SaigonMan Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! Thanks for the great plugin! I think I have run into a similar error as @optiprimeful? When trying to change the Bhud face by states using note-tags in the actor notes I run into an error being thrown saying something along the lines of "Cannot read property _actorID is undefined". I can post more detailed logs and pictures later as well if it would help. Something really interesting about this bug though is that it only happens when there are less than 4 members in the party! When there are 4 members in the party everything works great! Based on where the error is being thrown (Line 373 of the plugin iirc) this leads me to believe the error is somehow related to how the collection of actorIDs is being iterated?

Some other details are that this is being run on BattleHud 4.0, however I also tested using an older version I still had and the same behavior occurred with the only difference being the error was thrown at 372 instead of 373. Anyway thanks again for creating and supporting this plugin! At least for me it's the easiest way I've found to manage bust pictures in battle.

15. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @SaigonMan Thanks for the bug report! I've updated the plugin to Version 1.2.1 with the fix (same download link in the opening post), but I could only test it with the old (pre 4.0) Moghunter plugins so far. If you find that version 4.0 still gives a error before I get around to testing it there, could you open the console with F8 and show a screenshot of the error message there? (I actually wasn't aware that Moghunter updated the Battle HUD plugin until now, and it's quite likely that the update broke my extension again :dizzy:)

16. SaigonMan

SaigonMan Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    @LadyBaskerville Well I don't know about the other functions but I can tell you that Face changes via state and actor note-tags works in 4.0 :thumbsup-right:! Bug seems to be fixed. Thank you so much for the rapid response! I really appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

LadyBaskerville likes this.
  17. sieben43

sieben43 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LadyBaskerville Thank you, this is exactly what I needed!
    However, when using multi frame BattleHUD graphics, it displays the entire sheet and ignores the individual frames. I could work around this issue by only using single frame graphics, but different face expression would look much better of course. Maybe you could look into this as well.

18. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @sieben43 I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I somehow missed the notification. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I will look into it as soon as I can.

19. LadyBaskerville

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updated to version 1.2.2, where this bug should be fixed.

20. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    Does this work with mogs ActorpictureCM? That would be really handy as well!