More Icon Sets 1/23/16 Update

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update: I fixed the upload so the icon set is now the correct dimensions (or at least should be now!)

This is majorly inspired by The Infamous Bon Bon.  I didn't like the icons provided by MV and wanted more variety, then I failed hard to re-size the Ace icons.  Then along came Bon Bon who gave me something to start with.  However, I wanted the full icon/background tile effect so I could use the background color to identify if the item was normal, magical, rare, or unique.  I always liked the Diablo like color system and eventually when playing that game would get all excited if I picked up something with a color.  This sheet uses Infamous Bon Bon's edits (original thread can be found here to get the original file to play with) and then I created some weapon edits of my own.  The sheet is meant to be in a structure where you have the standard MV Icons, then a bunch of the standard items, then the weapons, armor, and other organized as best as I could.  It has been VERY helpful for the game I have been making and I hope this helps others with their games as well.

Terms (borrowed these terms from Infamous Bon Bon so let me know if I should adjust it any):

• Free to use commercially or non-commercially if you have an MV license.
  • Free to edit and post said edits as long as they use my terms (aka no charging people for edits of my stuff) and provide a link on this thread so people can get edits.
  • As long as no one else is credited (none currently) you can use these in plugin demos, event systems, tutorials, etc. if you like, but if you could please leave a link to the thread or demo so people can see how to use said images.

IconSet.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Paco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow this looks great!

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks!  Hope they get put to good use!

ArcaneEli

Mage of Thunder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it appears like it was uploaded with a Width of 466 not 512 so can't use q-q

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I tried adding a dropbox link.. I'm having some trouble sharing images the right way and making it so it comes out with that "Spoiler" button.

sosei

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This is majorly inspired by The Infamous Bon Bon.  I didn't like the icons provided by MV and wanted more variety, then I failed hard to re-size the Ace icons.  Then along came Bon Bon who gave me something to start with.  However, I wanted the full icon/background tile effect so I could use the background color to identify if the item was normal, magical, rare, or unique.  I always liked the Diablo like color system and eventually when playing that game would get all excited if I picked up something with a color.  This sheet uses Infamous Bon Bon's edits (original thread can be found here to get the original file to play with) and then I created some weapon edits of my own.  The sheet is meant to be in a structure where you have the standard MV Icons, then a bunch of the standard items, then the weapons, armor, and other organized as best as I could.  It has been VERY helpful for the game I have been making and I hope this helps others with their games as well.

Terms (borrowed these terms from Infamous Bon Bon so let me know if I should adjust it any):

• Free to use commercially or non-commercially if you have an MV license.
  • Free to edit and post said edits as long as they use my terms (aka no charging people for edits of my stuff) and provide a link on this thread so people can get edits.
  • As long as no one else is credited (none currently) you can use these in plugin demos, event systems, tutorials, etc. if you like, but if you could please leave a link to the thread or demo so people can see how to use said images.

View attachment 26688

Hey, i really liked the items you added and am including them in my game i am making. i took the img you had uploaded (466X1600) and cropped and resized it for use, going ot try and post it here for you. great work on the items dude

IconSet.png

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi,

Do you have a version without the frames ?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These are the default Ace icons.  Without the frames it's the way it is in the RTP.

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Its a png file (or at least should be) so you can hide the frames but the main goal was to great a normal, magic, rare, unique color scheme like in the Diablo series games.  I've been working on a game works in a similar way and even though there are add-ons and ways to make the random settings, I personally like a visual to go with it so the gamer has that moment of OMG I GOT A UNIQUE!  :p

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
These are the default Ace icons.  Without the frames it's the way it is in the RTP.

Edit : ok, thanks. I totally forgot about them.

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Also, there are a bunch (not all) of the icons which are original regardless of the frame, but yes most are like RTP minus the frame.

Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Heroes Of Equilibrium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need talk at the beginning of the topic the original source of the edited file, if you do not say, it will confuse people, because these icons will ACE and MV !!!!!!!!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 if you do not say, it will confuse people, because these icons will ACE and MV !!!!!!!!
No, it won't - because this is clearly posted in the MV resource forum. Just look at the forum path in addition to the topic title

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but the icons are used vx?
No, Iconsheets made for MV cannot be used in VX or VXA - they are larger than the older iconsheets, and that will automatically have them fail when trying to use them.

Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Heroes Of Equilibrium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ho my god, you converter for MV correct?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are ways to convert things from Ace to MV, yes. I think though you are saying that it needs to be added to the terms that the user needs to have Ace and MV, since these icons were adapted from the Ace icons? Which, yes, should be the case.

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Please read the original post, I got the converted images from someone else who I gave credit too and then I continued to modify it from there.

The icons mainly feature colored frames to identify the different "magical/unique" level of the gear.  There are also a bunch of original icons throughout the set that I created myself.  Thanks all and hope they are being put to good use  :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get that, but nevertheless the icons are from Ace, therefore anyone using them in MV would also need to own Ace. That's all that was being said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the lols I have taken the Szondi test. That test looked like a load of bull. But for whatever reason it was incredibly accurate.
How can a society function with an entire media establishment that is complicit in publishing partisan slander and easily disprovable lies right alongside each other with no accountability whatsoever? After I live through it, maybe I'll make a game based on it. The level of dishonesty at this point just astounds me though.
If you download a resource, be it art or plugin, please thank the creator for their time. We are all guilty sometimes of just grabbing something without commenting. Now is the time to go through your credit list and visit the threads/site where you got the resource from and leave a heartfelt thank you!
October is officially here. I'm hoping to get a call from Spirit Halloween soon. It didn't happen today, but I've got to keep my head high.
So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CStrife912