UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically I tried deploying my game to Mac and Windows. The Mac one won't load some plugins, and the .exe file won't open at all. I didn't exclude unused files and I also tried to make sure everything is updated. I even followed the instructions in this post here for updating a project: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-1-5-1-and-mado.83731/

Oh and I'm on Mac, that may be important.

The weird thing is it works flawlessly in playtest mode, but when it deploys it's as if certain files are missing or something. Here's the list of the plugins I'm using. I also have auto-update turned on on the app within my Steam launcher, so it is updated to the latest version.

Plugins:
Community_Basic
SRD_CameraCore
YEP_GridFreeDoodads
YEP_StopPlayerMovement
SpeedManager [by Karberus]
tddp_mousesystemex
YEP_EventHitboxResize
Yami_SkipTitle

Edit: The specific plugin that wouldn't load that I know of was tddp_mousesystemex, or maybe YEP_GridFreeDoodads. I believe those two are connected. I really hope I don't need to do anything that could screw up plugin commands already set though.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont see YEP_EngineCore that is used for all YEP plugins and required.
but im not sure tddp mouse system and doodas plugin.

you can try to make a clean project with YEP EngineCore, Doodas and TDDP MouseEx plugin and see if those run normally.
another way is to turn off TDDP plugin and see if its fix the issue, and maybe change the order of it?

Other than that, I have no clue besides that because dont have a mac.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The weird thing is it works flawlessly in playtest mode, but when it deploys it's as if certain files are missing or something.
what is the path where you store your deployed games?
RMMV creates HTML5-games, and browsers always have problems accessing files when the filepath does not follow networking specifications.
And that includes the part of the filepath that is outside the project folder.

So if the folderpath to your deployed project contains letters that are not allowed under networking rules, then this usually happens.

If that is not the case, we will need the console output at the moment when the error comes up - if F8 doesn't work, you can usually go through the browser menu to the developer console. In case of Mac standalone deployment, you might have to open the app-folder and launch the index.html directly to get access to the developer console.

and please, screenshots - there are some parts often forgotten when making a textcopy (which is also why it would have been better to make a screenshot of the plugin manager instead of listing your plugins).

UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont see YEP_EngineCore that is used for all YEP plugins and required.
but im not sure tddp mouse system and doodas plugin.

you can try to make a clean project with YEP EngineCore, Doodas and TDDP MouseEx plugin and see if those run normally.
another way is to turn off TDDP plugin and see if its fix the issue, and maybe change the order of it?

Other than that, I have no clue besides that because dont have a mac.
I can try that. That's a good idea. ALSO, I made a mistake with my post I believe. The doodads plugin is the one that won't load, because that's what's used for camera panning by touching the sides of the screen with the mouse cursor, but immediate event activation with tddp works perfectly fine.

what is the path where you store your deployed games?
RMMV creates HTML5-games, and browsers always have problems accessing files when the filepath does not follow networking specifications.
And that includes the part of the filepath that is outside the project folder.

So if the folderpath to your deployed project contains letters that are not allowed under networking rules, then this usually happens.

If that is not the case, we will need the console output at the moment when the error comes up - if F8 doesn't work, you can usually go through the browser menu to the developer console. In case of Mac standalone deployment, you might have to open the app-folder and launch the index.html directly to get access to the developer console.

and please, screenshots - there are some parts often forgotten when making a textcopy (which is also why it would have been better to make a screenshot of the plugin manager instead of listing your plugins).
I hadn't noticed there was a way to upload images directly when making my first post, sorry about that. What do you need screenshots of?

I'll try an empty project with the YEP_Doodads plugin and see if it's specific plugin having issues with deployment.

Edit: The plugin's actually called YEP_GridFreeDoodads.

OKAY so I tested a brand new project with only YEP_gridfreedoodads, and it worked in playtest, didn't work after deployment. Something with the specific plugin isn't working. It's a plugin that involves more than simply putting the js file in the plugins folder, so I'm wondering if I missed something?

Attachments

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we dont need those screenshots, its more of the error you gain if its on the F8 console to notify the error.
sometimes the plugin database.

but YEP_GridFreeDoodads works fine on windows, so there is something that dont deploy on the mac correctly.
which is hard to know where the problem lies exacly.

UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we dont need those screenshots, its more of the error you gain if its on the F8 console to notify the error.
sometimes the plugin database.

but YEP_GridFreeDoodads works fine on windows, so there is something that dont deploy on the mac correctly.
which is hard to know where the problem lies exacly.
I'll try deploying it to Windows and seeing if a buddy can play it then

UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so update, I sent the .exe to a buddy, and it opened, but the gridfreedoodads function didn't work, just like the Mac deployed version. One thing I did a minute ago was go to steam and under the app I "verified integrity of application files" to see if that helped. It said two files were unaccounted for and would be added or something. Now it says all files are accounted for. Do I need to somehow update the project itself for that to take effect, or is that an unrelated issue?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you use any spaces in your project name? like "Encounter Wars" for example? if so, can you try EncounterWars or Encounter_Wars
(but than on your current project name) and see if it than works?

Are your plugin list in order?
did you rename any plugin besides its original?
do you get an Error when deploy the game?

Can you upload the EXE or game to dropbox, megaupload or other so I can test it on this side?

UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you use any spaces in your project name? like "Encounter Wars" for example? if so, can you try EncounterWars or Encounter_Wars
(but than on your current project name) and see if it than works?

Are your plugin list in order?
did you rename any plugin besides its original?
do you get an Error when deploy the game?

Can you upload the EXE or game to dropbox, megaupload or other so I can test it on this side?
I tried reordering the plugins to no avail. The game's name is one word also. No error showed up, it said "deployed successfully", but then the game itself after deployment won't load the doodads feature which makes the camera pan by touching the sides of the screen with the cursor. I don't see how simply sending the .exe file would do much, but maybe I can send the package by direct message or something. It's kind of an important game to me since it's one of my main short horror games that people are excited about.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you can upload to dropbox and make it private if its the project itself in 1.6.1 than i can take a look tomorrow and report back,
if its just the game, than i see what i can see on this side. either way is fine, so i can report tomorrow when i got time.

UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you can upload to dropbox and make it private if its the project itself in 1.6.1 than i can take a look tomorrow and report back,
if its just the game, than i see what i can see on this side. either way is fine, so i can report tomorrow when i got time.
I asked the guy who helped construct the mechanics with me to begin with if he could test it, since he knows the plugins themselves pretty well. I'll report back and see if he finds anything. If he doesn't find anything I'll try sending it to you. Thanks! :)

UnderYourCloset

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so this problem has been solved. Apparently gridfreedoodads is a plugin only meant for edit mode. I instead used a plugin by Astra Cat called AS_SimpleMouseScript and got the same result, except it actually carried over to the deployed game, which is awesome. This is how I set up the event for left to right camera panning with this plugin:

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
idk what the plugin does or the scriptcall used, if the plugin is ON and used ingame, it always carry over to a deployed game.
and its indeed that gridfreedoodads is a edit plugin only, it can even create lights.

But I don't use it for serveral reasons. If anything is working correcly, than I wish you the best on your project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamssi