Klunky2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is an Exp Parameter on the RPG-Maker MV, which should change in my understanding the amount of exp I obtain from defeated enemies. That looks pretty handy but unfortunelately it simply doesn't work.
I tried to attach a state on one of my characters which would lower their gained exp-rate to merely 10%, but nope the amount of exp I gain after an battle is unchanged.

So is it not possible to attach this parameter on states or does this not work for scripted battles?
I'm pretty eager to know why it doesn't work

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The parameter does work, but some people have reported the displayed EXP is what you earned before the parameter kicks in. Test it by writing down the character's actual EXP before and after the battle and you should discover it is working.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you give us a screenshot of the state that should be changing the experience rate?

Klunky2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I can, it's in german though.

I also compared the earned exp, on the screen after an battle and before. Sadly it doesn't work.
EMVEpJu

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as bgillisp explained above, the default status screen displays the base exp amount and cannot take the parameter into account because the parameter can be different for different actors. you would need a plugin that lists individual gain to see the result on the battlescreen.

That said, if that state really doesn't work for you, then either it is not correctly applied (please show a screenshot of the skill or event that applies the state) or the enemies have only very small amounts of XP (rounding down error in that case) or a plugin has completely changed the way how the exp are applied.

Klunky2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I realised the plug-in doesn't work when the amount of gained exp is an decimal value. So if I should gain for example 38,5 experience I get the the full amount instead.
That's absolutely horrible, is that the indeded behaviour, is there an workaround for that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why would you even be interested in gaining less than 1 XP?
increase the XP gained from your enemies to a reasonable amount, and use higher limits on the level as well

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Klunky2 Having the experience gained be a decimal value doesn't affect anything on my end, so that's weird.

Are you sure that the state is actually being applied to the actor? and that it is still active when the fight ends?

Klunky2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why would you even be interested in gaining less than 1 XP?
increase the XP gained from your enemies to a reasonable amount, and use higher limits on the level as well

No I mean a decimal value after the comma, it doesn't matter how high or less it is. My test enemy gives 350 exp and I tried to give me 11% exp after the battle, the result 38,5 exp but instead it gives me all of the 350 exp so 100% that's weird.
When I changed it to 10 percent there was no problem suddenly because the result would be 35 a natural number.

@Jules98 Yes it was correctly applied I gave that status an symbol, so that I can see it.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, it must be a plug-in that is causing the weird behaviour. I tested it out on a blank project and the received exp calculated as 38,5 is correctly rounded up to 39, display glitch notwithstanding.

BishoujoHelper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using an EXR greater than 1, and as @bgillisp says the usual displayed XP after combat is the same (apparently ignoring the EXR). And as @Andar says there is also rounding, since the monster XP is divided by number of party members (and then truncated, I think) BEFORE the EXR multiplier is applied.

Klunky2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I got it somehow to work, I realised after turning off the yanfly buffs states core the problem wouldn't occur any longer, so I changed the plug in order a bit until it worked (don't exactly know where the issue originated)

So I have another question, does some have a idea how I can add the extra amount of exp in the textbox after an victory?
I imagined something like "%1 %2 \c[14]+(variable of extra exp) obtained!\c[0]" The extra exp must be somehow calculated right from the beginning of the fight. I also have to get the value of the variable somehow in the translation for the messages.

I don't know if that's a difficult task...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avigayil