More Page Conditions

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Shaz, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    More Page Conditions
    by Shaz

Introduction
    This is a simple little plugin that allows you to add more page conditions via comments in the event commands list.

How to use
    Add plugin to your js/plugins folder - name should be Shaz_MorePageConditions.js - and enable in plugin manager.
    On your event page, enter a comment beginning with cond to add to the existing page conditions. Any script command that evaluates to a true or false value can be used (see Notes for caveat).

Shortcuts
    \ss([1, 2, 'A']) will be converted to $gameSelfSwitches.value([1, 2, 'A'])
    \s(15) will be converted to $gameSwitches.value(15)
    \v(12) will be converted to $gameVariables.value(12)

Example
    cond \s(15) && \v(8) >= 10 && \v(8) <= 15 - will evaluate to true if switch 15 is on and variable 8 is between 10 and 15 (inclusive)

Plugin
    Download from pastebin
    make sure to save it as Shaz_MorePageConditions.js

Credit
    - Shaz

Terms
    - free for use in commercial games
    - do not post elsewhere - link back to this page

Notes
    - Although you can add any script call that will evaluate to true/false as a condition, it may not cause an immediate change of pages. The map only evaluates page conditions when something has requested a refresh. By default, this only happens when things listed under the Conditions heading on the event page change - switches, self switches, variables, party members, items (items, weapons, armors). If you want to add a condition based on something else - for example, amount of gold, hp of party leader, etc), the condition will only be checked when one of those other things changes, requesting a refresh. Or you could add a script call on any event that might cause those new conditions to change: $gameMap.requestRefresh() to force event pages to be re-checked. Be careful not to do this too often - definitely not in a parallel process event, as refreshing event pages is a CPU-hungry activity and will cause lag if done too frequently.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This seems very similar to Yanfly's new plugin that was just released. Are there any major differences in terms of functionality?

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know. I don't keep track of who releases what plugins. I just make what I need for my game and share it if I think it will be useful for others. I know someone else made a similar plugin in the early days of MV. Just use the one you find easiest to use, and that's the most compatible with your other plugins :)

Neo Soul Gamer likes this.
  4. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Makes sense to me. Thanks for sharing! I'm using quite a few of your plugins already. :cutesmile:

5. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    From my limited experiences Yanfly┬┤s plugins have more far-reaching changes to the engine so if you use a lot of other plugins this one may be better to avoid plugin conflicts.