Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
TDW Extra Weapon Requirements - v 1.01
wrigty12
 ​
Intro - Allows your skills to have more than the allowed 2 weapon requirements.

Features -

- Have as many Weapon Requirements for a skill as you may want. This allows the skill to be accessed by many different weapons.

How To Use - Simply download, place in your js file, and install!

Parameters - None.

Note Tags -

<requireEx: x>

Where x is the weapon ID.

<requireEx: x x x>

Where x are weapon IDs.

You can place as many ID's in the tag, as long as they are all integers and have spaces between them.
Future Plans - None.

Terms of Use - Free for commercial and non-commercial use. Feel free to credit: wrigty12 or Tyler Wright

Download - Link Here

Change Log -

Version 1.01:
- Calls back to previous aliases of isSkillWtypeOk to accommodate any other plugins
that may also alias it.

- Changed an unintended bug: Now you can have the requiredEx tag and list of ID's WITHOUT
any listed weapons in the editor itself (Previously, at least 1 weapon had to be defined
in the editor in order for the tag to actually be effective).

Version 1.00:
- Initial Release
Note - I am a beginner in the ways of making plug-ins and in JavaScript. If there is anything you see wrong, could be improved, or bugs you find, just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Am I mistaken in thinking that this effectively overwrites the default method?

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I remember when I was messing with this, I believe you have to have at least 1 requirement in the actual editor in order for the tags to be read. They act as more of an "addon", so use the editor for the first 2 and the tags for anything more.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I noticed the same thing. :)

Though I am more concerned with the fact that the storing variable doesn't appear to be called in the emplacement method.

won't that mean that If this plugin is placed below the wrong thing, it might break stuff?

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh, I see what you mean.

I made this plugin before I new what aliasing the functions actually was and how they functioned, so I just set the _Game_Actor_isSkillWtypeOk variable because it looked like everyone did it xD

Since what I did changes the if statement within the original function, I had to just replace the whole thing. I could place the alias variable in the 'else' portion to go back and do either a redundant check for default weapons or if something else changed the function. I'll upload the new version when I get it done.

EDIT:

I updated the aliasing, plus I made it nicer, removing that weird thing about having to have at least 1 weapon defined in the editor itself in order for the tag to have effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy