jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm using terrain tags to add footstep sound effects when the player walks on certain tiles. (Example: If the player steps on a wooden floor tile, it will make a sound effect that sounds like they're walking on wood.) I know how to do it using terrain tags, but I've already used 6 of the 7 available terrain tags and i've only made the first room. (different textured floors)

I'm gonna need more terrain tags; more than the default 7. How do I add more terrain tags? Is there a script or something I need to use?? I've tried searching the forums and googling it, but I can't find an answer. I initially had a bunch of different events scattered across the floor set to below the player. But it became clustered and doing it via terrain tag makes it easier.

If it's not possible to make additional terrain tags, then is there another way to add sound effects when the player steps on certain floor tiles?

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The editor can't be changed in any way, which means you can't add more terrain tags to the maps.

There are several other ways to get data there, but they require different forms of input.
The region IDs mentioned above are one option.
Another option would be to use scripts to assign your own additional data formats (which need to be stored outside the editor), but that requires good scripting knowledge

jjbones123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Guiguimu Thanks you so much for the help! Sorry for the VERY late reply. While the script is nice, I think i'll be using the region method. It's very similar to what i'm used to and I don't plan to use random encounters anyway. Also, this might sound weird but i'm trying to use as few custom scripts as possible. I dunno, for me personally, it doesn't feel like I really made the game if I just take a bunch of scripts from others online. There's nothing really wrong with using these scripts mind you, it's just a strange personal preference I have.

@Andar And thank you for the clarity. I find it weird that you can't increase the amount of terrain tags like you can increase the number of anything else in RPG maker. But as you say, there are work around and I've got a method now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the review stages for Pixacrea to be put up on Steam :) Coming Soon page... hopefully coming soon ;)
since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zaazeee