Most important/favorite features/improvements in this RM for you?

Berylstone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you care about this new RM, what are your favorite and most important features and improvements that you are interested in?

I'll start. For me:

1)Side-view battle support. I am really looking into this one the most.

2) Javascript support- I bet I can learn this language very well and very easily as it's so widely used and has so many tutorials for it unlike Ruby especially RGSS.

3) Multiple platform support- Support on IOS, Android, tablets, smartphones, Mac, PC and HTML5. If I were to sell and market my game I can do it to a wide variety of platforms.
I like the graphic enhancements like side view battles and more layers when mapping.  But it's the character generator that has me most interested.  I wasn't able to complete my last game because of this.  I was overwhelmed by having to create my own sprites.

Phones and hand-held things seem better for RPG Maker games.  Because they're usually smaller and more old-school.  I hope this makes them more popular.

I have some concerns though.  A lot of my events made use of scripts.  So I'm worried it's going to be a nightmare transferring them over to a new program.  Plus: due to the tile size changes I'm concerned it's not going to be easy moving those over either.  It may end up that it's just easier to start over.

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have some concerns though.  A lot of my events made use of scripts.  So I'm worried it's going to be a nightmare transferring them over to a new program. 
I think I heard somewhere that the scripts can't be converted, due to differences in programming language. But the Maps won't be a problem, there is a VXA-MV converter that is included with the preorder.

Sugar Rush

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Multi Platform Distribution, if this works properly it can finally give people a reason to develop beyond impressing a couple hundred people. The engine is finally reaching the potential of monetizing games for developers.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
And multi-platform distribution is not only great for players, but also for us as a community. With more people having access to the games and the engine, we can expect even more great resources to be shared. :)

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Layered mapping. Why they got rid of it after VX going into Ace? Who knows...but, I'm glad it's back.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Honestly, the resolution jump alone is worth it for me! But the character generator and HTML5 export are also killer features. (HTML5 for a kickstarter demo will be amazing.)

MagicMagor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
OSX Support for the actual maker. I can say, without this i would have not bought MV.

The export to Android and HTML5 is a nice bonus, as is custom equipment-types. But frankly i would be just as happy if it just were ACE ported to OSX :guffaw:  

The change of scripting language from Ruby to JS is understandable and doesn't bother me really, despite me being a coder (or because i'm a coder and have no problem learning JS?)

Last edited by a moderator:

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the deal maker was probably the resolution upgrade.

Would like to see animated first person battlers and the ability to scale targets during action sequences. 

Berylstone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I heard somewhere that the scripts can't be converted, due to differences in programming language. But the Maps won't be a problem, there is a VXA-MV converter that is included with the preorder.
Thank you for the tip.  I think I might preorder now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png
Hmm...you'd think in this day and age, what with Japanese Schoolgirls frequenting anime, JRGs and whatever else...that someone might have made some gym clothes for the generator. You know, the ones with the short bloomers.
finished the draft of some of this dude's motions!

mc0xoB4.gif

gonna work on the drafts of the other 3 now before i put detail, need to position these rather tall sprites well on the field

waiting for the term to end so i can get more time w this :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevilMortar