doodlebound

Freelance artist and newbie game dev!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to use a battle system similar to Mother 3 in my RPG. Notable features include a rolling HP meter for party members, specialized sound effects for unique enemies and party members, character HP/PP/status box on the bottom of the screen and the menu for choosing commands in battle at the top of the screen. I was also wondering if this was possible to execute in an SV battle. Is there a plugin that makes this possible?

Also, here's a video demonstrating the battle system in action for those of you who haven't played Mother 3 or Earthbound:

It would also be nice to have the faces of the party members appear over their status box when they attack or when choosing a command for them, like in the video, but that's mostly optional.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well the status window could be edited with SRD's Super Tools Engine.
You coukd also use the Hud Maker Add On or Battle Status & Battle GUI plugins by SRD.
For battle sounds try this or BattleVoice (which is in your dlc folder under kadokawa plugins, that comes with mv), you could also try Yanfly's Action Sequences for sounds with skills.
No idea for any plugins that have a rolling HP meter except for Mog's Battle Hud (I'm not sure how well it works with the menu editor from the super tools engine)

doodlebound

Freelance artist and newbie game dev!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much! That helped a lot!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arcade_Fox_Cub