RMXP Mothlight

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Samu, Jul 25, 2017.

?

Is this game still cool?

1. Yay

53.3%
  2. Nay

6.7%
  3. Can you stop asking, please?

6.7%
  4. Show us your pecs, Samu!

13.3%
  5. Xylat-Agathoth, Shagoth f'taghn.

26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oceansize

Oceansize Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I have just played through your game and I enjoyed it very much!

Above all I liked the music, art style and battle animations. The black/white characters especially make a nice contrast with the colored world. The story was really good and most importantly, believable. You gave every character a purpose that made me connect with them. Idris' story arc reminded me a bit of Dark Souls (the knight you meet in the beginning). The beginning especially is great where you create an atmosphere of dread when you meet the first shopguy.

My main criticism would be that you built a solid basis with the equipment system and the stats, but you didn't build so much around it (probably also due to the shortness of the game). It seems like you can level up but you can't (character menu says level 1 and you're always getting "0" EXP) which made it feel like:
    -I didn't need most of the items
    -I didn't get stronger (even though I did with HP increase and new weapons).

Therefore, combat was a bit tedious. There are not that many choices. Since you drew all these amazing looking bosses you could have made them more interesting, given them multiple phases or something (I know it's hard to have variation in turn-based front view). It's good that you can avoid the regular monster encounters which I did later in the game since I had enough coins anyway. Overall the enemies felt a bit too easy.

A couple of other really minor things:
    -You walk out the door, get teleported to another map but then are facing the door instead of away from door.
    -Poison outside combat strikes you down ridiculously fast, better make sure to have a cure
    -It wasn't very clear that you have to
    go kill the concubath
    but I guess you figured that out from people's questions
    -The library where you can read about things could've come a bit earlier. It took me a while to figure out what the stats exacty mean and e.g. that you can increase your magic damage

Some comments to make an already good game even better. Great work! :)

2. Samu

Samu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

Thanks man! Means the world to me! Glad you enjoyed!

3. Samu

Samu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    RocketKnight likes this.