RMMV MOTM - Moons of True Magic NEW UPDATE!! - (06/22/2020 - Ep 0 Teaser!!)

Zaabos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English - Aeari
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Traveler @Chebolation, I have worked super hard on said animations, the logo about the story Im telling is just a...mmmh I think you humans call it a "placeholder". The final version should be better.

Thank you for your words!

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It only appears very briefly in the videos here, but I like the look of the dialogue with limited time to respond, and the timer showing the protagonist's sprite walking towards a chequered flag. It's cute! I love systems that add emphasis to dialogue.

I would say, though, that the choice presented feels a bit iffy - as far as I can see the player doesn't know what the "condition" is when the question is posed. It's fine to have an unpredictable result to your actions, but I'd say it should be more in how the other person *reacts* rather than in how your character speaks. If he made the condition really gross, for instance, I'd feel like I'd accidentally done that.

One other thing - I like the custom combat menus you have with the character's busts, but why are they at the top middle of the screen? If you go into a sub-menu, it appears on the bottom of the screen as is more typical. What motivated the decision to put the bust menu in the top-middle like this?

Zaabos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English - Aeari
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Traveller @EuphemiaArtoria! Glad that you liked the "custom" timer for choices. We are not sure if the MC sprite and the flag will be at the final launch, but that is the system we are going for, something that will reach the end of something.

Regarding the choices feeling iffy, I agree that in this example feels that way, but don´t worry, since that scene was done specifically to portray the mechanic, it doesn't mean it will be there and more importantly, in that way. I agree that the outcome should be based on the reactions and not the questions per se.

About the bust at the middle of the screen, I placed them there because It felt that was the only place where it will not interfere with other data given to the reader of my story. TBH, I dont´know if it will stay that way, maybe you are right and it is not a very good idea. What would you suggest?

Thank you for taking the time on commenting, you humans are really, really fun to talk with.

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you have any news to give us ?
How did you manage to create this bond system?

Zaabos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English - Aeari
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Traveler @Boonty, I hope you are well.

I am still working on this tale, you don´t need to worry. Things have been slow due to this virus that keeps everyone at home, I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Expect the introduction of our next character REAL soon. This character will be the last we will introduce for now, given that the cast is full for the first part of our tale.

Now, about the bond system. I always liked how some individuals get out of their way to assist others and that should be rewarded, building their camaraderie and strengthening their bonds. Now if you want to know the TECHNICAL part of how the bond was created, I suggest you ask any of the "filthy peasants" on their discord channel given I don´t recall the technicality of it.

Have a great life, Traveler!

Zaabos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English - Aeari
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[Character]

This boy, well… This boy holds a secret. It’s a secret that fills him with rage and makes his blood boil. At times quite literally.

Kieran is an incomplete soul who was betrayed at the very beginning of his life and now holds a deep, terrible grudge. He seeks revenge from those who wronged him, and he will get it in time, but it may not be all that he imagines.

It is well known that the path of retribution is lonely, but Kieran chose to distance himself from even the Aeari by taking on the arts of the Warlocks. Perhaps he did it out of spite, unable to understand how they could allow him to be abandoned.

Or maybe he just did it because he enjoys inflicting pain in creative and bloody ways, being the sadistic creature that he is.

In any case, his unyielding vendetta makes him a fearsome foe and an unstable ally, for he will follow whichever road leads him to his goals. So beware, Traveler, should you cross paths with the Warlock, Kieran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.
Thought something big was going down when I saw a riot van and two cop cars outside my home. Nope. Just multiple calls about one man kicking off in the street. xD
RPG Maker MZ does confirm in its RPG Maker website blog about new features. Graphics of course look gorgeous, but how about what keeps the engine together?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap