RMMV MOTM - Moons of True Magic NEW UPDATE!! - (30/01/2020 - DRAGONBONE MODELS AND TEASER!)

Zaabos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English - Aeari
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Traveler @Chebolation, I have worked super hard on said animations, the logo about the story Im telling is just a...mmmh I think you humans call it a "placeholder". The final version should be better.

Thank you for your words!

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It only appears very briefly in the videos here, but I like the look of the dialogue with limited time to respond, and the timer showing the protagonist's sprite walking towards a chequered flag. It's cute! I love systems that add emphasis to dialogue.

I would say, though, that the choice presented feels a bit iffy - as far as I can see the player doesn't know what the "condition" is when the question is posed. It's fine to have an unpredictable result to your actions, but I'd say it should be more in how the other person *reacts* rather than in how your character speaks. If he made the condition really gross, for instance, I'd feel like I'd accidentally done that.

One other thing - I like the custom combat menus you have with the character's busts, but why are they at the top middle of the screen? If you go into a sub-menu, it appears on the bottom of the screen as is more typical. What motivated the decision to put the bust menu in the top-middle like this?

Zaabos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English - Aeari
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Traveller @EuphemiaArtoria! Glad that you liked the "custom" timer for choices. We are not sure if the MC sprite and the flag will be at the final launch, but that is the system we are going for, something that will reach the end of something.

Regarding the choices feeling iffy, I agree that in this example feels that way, but don´t worry, since that scene was done specifically to portray the mechanic, it doesn't mean it will be there and more importantly, in that way. I agree that the outcome should be based on the reactions and not the questions per se.

About the bust at the middle of the screen, I placed them there because It felt that was the only place where it will not interfere with other data given to the reader of my story. TBH, I dont´know if it will stay that way, maybe you are right and it is not a very good idea. What would you suggest?

Thank you for taking the time on commenting, you humans are really, really fun to talk with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen