Misaki

Pikalyze
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I was playing feudalism 2, I decided to see if there was a third version.

Sure enough, there was, but it was a trailer ._.

On the comments, one person said it was similar to how Mount and Blade Warband was played.

So I searched it up, and I found it on Steam and Taleworlds.

Description

In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated stand alone expansion pack for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
  • Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
  • New models with greater detail and high-quality textures
  • Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
  • A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
  • The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
  • The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery
  • Improved mechanics for soldier morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
  • Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions
  • New motion-captured combat animations
  • Numerous improvements to the combat system: Your shield will still stop arrows even if you are not actively defending
  • The ability to play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones
  • Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals
  • The ability to use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close
  • Spend gold on more powerful equipment, using a carefully balanced system that will make combat more exciting without giving too much of an advantage to the leading team
I tried the demo(Pretty much the full game, but you can't go past lvl 7), and I freaked out that I probably choose one of the worst starts :) (Never, ever wander the world in a one-man army without starting the beginner quest so you don't have to pay wages to your troops every week at the start of the game:) )

But I loved it anyways, and bought the game.

What I loved about it was how it was all up to me on how I played it. When I bought the purchased version, I played in the desert kingdom and I got ambushed by desert raiders on horses, which I took out by knocking them off their horses, and commanding my newbie troops hijack the horses and take them out.).

The game can be played without you doing anything. Say, if you just walked around in a remote corner where nobody could find you for awhile, things will happen within minutes. From lords getting captured to cities being conquered, or even just a bandit outbreak(I love this last one, you get so much money and items for helping these people get rid of bandits.)

Even better, the map reminds me of the flash game Caravaneer(Caravaneer 2 is in progress :p ). I loved the map style, and how you had to move your people away, or get surrounded by deserters, mercenaries, etc.

I then tried a new tactic. Instead, I focused on buying as MANY troops as possible. Turns out, that backfired. My Charisma stat determines a lot of things, including how many troops I can have. Instead, my troops morale was low because I couldn't feed them(Yes, you have to feed your armies. So I bought them Grain and Bread, which was the cheapest way to feed a army(Though it might not give them much of a morale boost :) .) So I ran out of money, and my armies started deserting.

Late into the game, when I actually became SMART and LUCKY with how I played out, I created my own kingdom. To my surprise, the other kingdoms didn't accept me, and called me "A vassal without a leader". In other words, they treated me like a Rebel.

So I killed them. I killed them ALL, and created my kingdom. I kept them as prisoners, held their family members hostage and..... well, you get the story.

Even better. I CAN PLAY ON MY WINDOWS XP! The game uses DirectX, and has pretty good graphics. I can play it with 150 units all running around trying to kill each other in close range(You might want to set graphics not to max though on slow comps.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48700/

Anyone else try out this game?

(You will cry when you first start if your inexperienced with these types of games. Your armies will be obliberated by mere bandits, and you will have to earn a living by pillaging villages and getting on a Lord's bad side(He will hunt you down with his armies, which are WAY too big for ANYONE to handle at early game.)

- :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I played it since the first Mount and Blade... Though I don't like playing the basic version, so I mod it a lot especially the units to bring more excitement...

For the original M&B, I used mods that altered a lot of the base gameplay... but since Warband has most of those by default, I only modded units for Warband...

anyway, I always start out by obliterating the Vaegirs mainly because I like their cities for my own... then I try to wage war on the Nords to get some of their cities, then try to make peace (and they accept)...

anyway, my most hated faction is the khergits mainly because they use too much horses... since I'm more of the on-foot and bow type player, I like sieges and skirmishes without much horses than those khergit skirmishes which always have lots of horses

and another thing I liked doing are the tournament and tournament trainings (though really, why do they need to be undressed during the trainings???)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the combat, love the strategies, love the army building.  One of my most favorite indie games of all time :D

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've had a lot of fun with Warband.  First I played the original M&B and never got very far.  I got the M&B collection and it's like warband is the only game you need. It's a huge improvement over the orginal M&B, I've still not got very far in but damn is it fun!  Has anyone played the Napoleonic Warfare DLC?  It's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had! 

Misaki

Pikalyze
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have Napolenic Warfare, but I never liked it too much :) . Today, I downloaded the Perisno mod. Makes everything more fun. Then I got the Japanese mod(Forgot name), and it felt like I was in a different world entirely :D

Misaki

Pikalyze
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perisno mod. It will wreck you. Every step of the way. WRECK YOU.

Well, I finally GOT OUT and figured out where to start off without being surrounded by incredibly powerful roaming mercenary parties.. (I hid behind the vassals for about 70 days.)

Fun mod :)

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Warband is amazing. I usually started as the Swedian for easy recruit and experience, then I attack either khergits or nords. Khergits don't have great elite troops while nords suck at range unit. I had fun besieging nord castle just with pure 200 sharpshooters though after experiencing fire and sword, it;s kinda hard to go back to warband because fire and sword had tons of shortcuts (auto-meet guild master and such), but then the Clash of King came out. That's where the beef is. Being GoT fan, I absolutely love the Clash of King mod. It includes the shortcuts and it has tons of moddings. Some of the best mod would be "no companion complain" and "mini battle status map". And you can disable crouch damage and such if you want to. : p

When I play warband, my fav. role would be horseback archering, I'd use the fastest horse, taunt my opponents that are on horses, then let them get close a bit, and shoot them down 1 by 1. Haha. Dumb AI. : p

Misaki

Pikalyze
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perisno is evil. You will die within the first 10 minutes of playing the game if your not careful where you go. That's why I always become a freelancer for one of the vassals, and hide with them for awhile. ( Perisno mod. Just type Perisno on google ;D). It's still a epic mod, that mods so much, I don't think I'm playing Warband. Also it's still in dev :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
my favorite is doing sieges... I simply like it a lot... and participating in tournaments

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have it! And we made an Asian server since there's none ;w;

It was...unique to say the least. :D

Erling01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norway
Primarily Uses
Omg! I just LOVE m&b warband :D . Played it almost everyday sine 2010.

Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the vanila warband setting for AI difficulty is hexed. If you play on the hardest AI setting (super smart AI), they will gang up against you in the arena (not fair at all), and their bow has like 90%++ accuracy. .-.

numfanklewhat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I really love this game! It's a real time sink, except the stupid siege parts (one ladder/tower only for the whole army lol) it's probably the most epic medieval warfare simulator, especially with unit slider mod. I have spent maybe over 100 hours playing MB Warband with The Eagle and The Radiant Cross mod. Can't wait for M&B2 too!

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes. I love this game too. I wish I could unify Calradia, but I defeated Roddocks once and still i am still struggling to defeat the rest. I Spend 100 hours in this game. So it's worthy trying. :)

However, Marriage and Diplomacy system would be better.. I hope M&B 2 will be better.

Zephier01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am really bad at mount and blade wb , that didn't stop me from putting 150 so hours into it. Most of the time I'd just turn on he cheats and be like Grrr, big army fear me. I must of gone as far as becoming a vassal of a kingdom then begin to loose battles constantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tranphong