Mouse System Ex

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galenmereth, Oct 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LucasCool

LucasCool Warper Member

First Language:
    Português
    ?'=' [​IMG]

2. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @estriole: I'll look into this and keep you updated. Thanks for the heads up! :)

@LucasCool: My plugin is mentioned there since it fired off the Window_Selectable.update method as part of the chain of events that lead to the crash, but it's not what's crashing it; something else is causing a object stack error when DataManager.save is called, it looks like. I'd check if you use any plugins that modify the Save screen in any way :)

estriole and LucasCool like this.
  3. sinmorph

sinmorph Music is my passion so is art, and games well... t Member

First Language:
    english
    Hey Galenmereth, first off excelent plugin! thank you very much for your hard work coding this!
    I have a question my plugin isnt showing up as i think it should it has loads of </span></td> everywhere, whe n i look at other people's screens i dont see those marks, can you help me out?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Sinmorph

4. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    in github... make sure you click on RAW before saving the plugin...

Galenmereth likes this.
  5. sinmorph

sinmorph Music is my passion so is art, and games well... t Member

First Language:
    english
    Thanks that worked! <3

6. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    An annoyance that I've noticed is that when you have your main menu open (say, to view your status), if you click on the same "space" that an event with "click_activate!" comment inside, it doesn't register your click on the menu itself, but as soon as you close the menu scene, the "clicked" event activates..

7. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @wrigty12: That is definitely not supposed to happen. I'm putting it on the list and I'll investigate it for the patch that I'd like to release today or tomorrow that also takes care of the stuff estriole mentioned.

estriole likes this.
  8. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    i'll wait for your release before releasing my update on my plugin so i can use the aliasing instead of overwriting :D .

9. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updated from version 1.7.0 to 1.8.0

This update is considered a minor version bump because it changes a fundamental behavior of the plugin and while it should work identically to before for the majority of users it might cause some backwards incompatibilities or unexpected behavior.

• Mouse click, hover and leave activate now activate all events under the mouse, not just the topmost. This also affects cursor changes and icons; the topmost event will overwrite those below if conflicts arise.
    • Internal "namespace" structure changed for brevity, remains the same functionally and externally
    • Externalized getting events from xy coords to its own method to make compatibility easier for other plugins that interact with this one
    • Code comments added to more complex methods, also as part of the effort to provide full JSDoc compliant comments for all plugins. This will be rolled out to all custom methods in plugins gradually as it takes time and is of lower priority right now.
    As always, head on over to the documentation page for the full changelog and up-to-date documentation.

10. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Even with the new update, the plugin still acts as I mentioned before, with clicking over the event while a menu, etc. is up still activates the event.

Galenmereth likes this.
  11. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Woops, I forgot about that bug... Fixed now.

Updated from version 1.8.0 to 1.8.1

• Fixed bug where click events would activate if you clicked through a menu, after closing it.
    • Fixed a bug where event order was incorrect for click activation.
    The latest version can be downloaded here from the standard link. And as always, head on over to the documentation page for the full changelog and up-to-date documentation.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    estriole and wrigty12 like this.
  12. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    I'm trying to do the following with the hover_activate! and leave_Activate commands  but it doesn't work right now:

* When the mouse hovers over an event, a picture shows (works)

* When the mouse leaves the event again, the picture should be deleted (works)

* When the player actually clicks on the event, something else should happen (player moves to event position). This is where i get in trouble. Whatever, i try i can't get the event to trigger. I'm trying to do this with click_activate! but I'm not sure how. There can't be two commands on one page, becayse everything is fired under the first command. Here's a screenshot of the current setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to hear if it's possible!

13. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The solution is to use the click_switch notetag instead of the click_activate! one here, to make it so two different actions can happen for mouse activation on the same page. Like you said, having both click_activate! and leave_activate! on the same page will fire off the same action, but the click_switch notetag lets you define a custom switch to be set to a given true or false value.

You can find an example here: http://mvplugins.tordamian.com/plugins/mouse-system-ex/#click_switch

Do let me know if it's unclear or confusing :)

gRaViJa likes this.
  14. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    That helped me a lot! Was the click_switch an option from the start? When i got the plugin i read through the help file, but there was no mention of the option at that time :)

Now I can complete my Nodeboard, thanks!

15. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The click_switch was actually in from the start, but I had forgotten to document it in the documentation until a few version updates back. Sorry about that :)

The Infamous Bon Bon and gRaViJa like this.
  16. bsides

bsides Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    First off, thanks for this plugin. As RPG Maker moves to a new era of real mouse/touch event inputs, a lot of things change with it. I believe this is a fundamental plugin to make things smoothier :)

Then, talking about mouse events and such, one thing I'd like to change is that "white square" thing that appears whenever you click on a map tile/space. Do you happen to know how to do it? I read a lot about the TouchInput class but it looks like a PIXIE thing... I'm not certain. If you have anything to help me here please let me know. Thanks in advance!

17. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    if you need something simple, you can check this but for more change options you need to wait something better than my plugin.

bsides likes this.
  18. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a feature I wanted to have ready for launch actually but didn't get to. It's on the todo list for my own game as well. I'll likely make it a separate plugin, where you can customize the destination graphic with custom graphic files and animations :)

19. bsides

bsides Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
  20. Makeratore

Makeratore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Does this plugin support animated cursors? And if not, can you implement it?