Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Makeratore: Animated cursors are currently not supported. While technically possible to implement I haven't yet tested how performant (or not) it is; it might not be feasible with the native cursor movement. If it isn't, an alternative is to use a sprite as the mouse cursor, but this introduces a minor but noticeable input lag which I personally don't think would be worth it. But I'll test and see how it goes sometime in the near future.

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Makeratore: Animated cursors are currently not supported. While technically possible to implement I haven't yet tested how performant (or not) it is; it might not be feasible with the native cursor movement. If it isn't, an alternative is to use a sprite as the mouse cursor, but this introduces a minor but noticeable input lag which I personally don't think would be worth it. But I'll test and see how it goes sometime in the near future.
Thanks for trying that!

LordSquirrel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to change the cursor mid-game? Like a plugin command?

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Definitely using this, thanks! Looking forward to seeing your other plugins.

Can you make it so after an item is hovered you can click anywhere to select the item as long as your not hovering over anything else.

For example if i hover to items it hovers over it which is great but after hovering i have to pysically click over items, i want it so when its hovered over already and i click the mouse in a blank area it still selects the items. This is because its easier to go faster and in battle when the enemy is already selected i want to just click to attack not physically click over him or over his name to attack. Hope thats an easy addition!

Benji-Ninja

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Galenmereth, 

I am having some trouble calling plugin commands. 

When I use the command "SetCustomCursor filename.png" (but obviously with an actual assigned image filename) the game crashes and brings up an error message:

"Error - Uncaught TypeError: Undefined is not a function".

This happens if I am using a custom image (that I can set to the auto custom cursor, so it works usually) or if I try to change the cursor to one of your predefined images. I've tried poking around online and following your guide but the guide isn't that clear on the context of using the Plugin Command. Does it have to go in a specific place in an event? Am I placing it wrong? 

I'd really appreciate the help because it's a great script.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens if you leave out the .png part?

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Benji-Ninja: There was actually a bug in the latest version so which caused this to happen. If you update to the new version here, it should work fine :)

Version updated to 1.8.2
Changes:

• Fixed a bug with the SetCustomCursor plugin command.
The latest version can be downloaded here from the standard link. And as always, head on over to the documentation page for the full changelog and up-to-date documentation.

Benji-Ninja

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Galenmereth

Thanks Man! I was going crazy trying to work out what I did wrong! But apparently wasn't on my end! Thanks for fixing it up! It's a great system. I am planning to use it to have a flying travelling companion turn into a cursor at certain moments of the game and reach where the protagonists cannot. 

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the recent update.  I am so happy we can change the custom cursor with a plug in command in game.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
after updating this plugin to newest version... 1.8.2

click_activate!

somehow broken...

no error... it just... i cannot click event from far away...

the player walk to the event instead...

edit: apparently it's incompatibility with my plugin... i guess there's some changes in this update that caused my earlier patch cannot work :D .

i will revise my compatibility patch to reflect your changes... sorry for disturbing you... best regard, Estriole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kongorg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great plugin! Is there any way to read the cursor's x/y values? I want to have an event on a certain map that checks if the cursor is near the edge of the screen and pans the map in that direction. Is there currently a way to do this with this plugin?

astracat111

Astra Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just what I was looking for, thank you very much! : D

edit: okay, ive found a bug. in my first game i tried it on, i cant get it to work because its searching in the wrong path.

my priject folder exists as Project14/img/cursors   and its looking in just simply img/cursors in my game folder.

so i try putting into the custom cursor dirctory:

Project14/img/cursors   and then it searches in Project14/Project14/cursors.

i turned all of my other plugins off. So its some problem its having with directories...

i created another game named Project15 and put the plugin in this project. it first creates the directory the first time i start it, and the plugin worked fine.

i have no clue why this is, ill look into the code more to try to find a solution....

EDIT: on line 322 for the project i ended up just having to add the directory myself like this:

Code:
var cursorPath = 'Project14/img/cursors/' +  cursor;

brandos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
For sprite that include two tiles the cursor only changes on the bottom part of the sprite. is there a way to fix that?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Now that I stumble on this plugin again:

When I have a custom mouse icon and i the icon goes outside the game screen, it is replaced again with the default cursor icon. I have to right click in the game to get the custom mouse icon again. Other people have this problem as well? Galenmereth, would you look into this?

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For sprite that include two tiles the cursor only changes on the bottom part of the sprite. is there a way to fix that?
Can't believe I've overlooked that case. I've taken note, will get it fixed in a future patch soon.

When I have a custom mouse icon and i the icon goes outside the game screen, it is replaced again with the default cursor icon. I have to right click in the game to get the custom mouse icon again. Other people have this problem as well? Galenmereth, would you look into this?
This is a known bug indeed. The problem is that it has to do with the webkit wrapper the game runs in, and how it works on Windows; you won't have this problem on, say, OSX (Mac) or in a browser on either OS. The issue is that the "chrome" on Windows (ie. the border surrounding the game window when run in window mode) doesn't fire off mouse events properly, and what practically ends up happening is that the game's code and my plugin won't be told if the mouse left and re-entered the window. I have yet to figure out a way to solve this, because the only "solution" I've found so far is to constantly change the cursor back and forth every frame, which is not good for performance at all. It might be possible if the webkit wrapper MV outputs gets updated, or I find some better hacky solution to fix it. Or we might have to start wrapping our games in a custom webkit wrapper to alleviate this and some other more serious issues. Regardless, you can rest assured I'm aware of it as it bothers me on a daily basis while working on my own game :)  

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
This is a known bug indeed. The problem is that it has to do with the webkit wrapper the game runs in, and how it works on Windows; you won't have this problem on, say, OSX (Mac) or in a browser on either OS. The issue is that the "chrome" on Windows (ie. the border surrounding the game window when run in window mode) doesn't fire off mouse events properly, and what practically ends up happening is that the game's code and my plugin won't be told if the mouse left and re-entered the window. I have yet to figure out a way to solve this, because the only "solution" I've found so far is to constantly change the cursor back and forth every frame, which is not good for performance at all. It might be possible if the webkit wrapper MV outputs gets updated, or I find some better hacky solution to fix it. Or we might have to start wrapping our games in a custom webkit wrapper to alleviate this and some other more serious issues. Regardless, you can rest assured I'm aware of it as it bothers me on a daily basis while working on my own game :)  

Okay, thank you for the update. I hope with you there's a good and easy solution for this out there :)

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't believe I've overlooked that case. I've taken note, will get it fixed in a future patch soon.

I also have the problem with using large sprites for my events, I can only target my event's feet :) Also thanks for the great plugin

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to show a different mouse icon when hovering over a (show choices...) menu item?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backdrop_Finisher