Martin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swe
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really really need to have left and right click. Does anyone know how to add "Right click activate" this to the script? I have tried myself but with no luck. really hoping for this :)
I imagine it like this
Click_activate A true;
RightClick_activate B true;

Last edited:

Tatutoy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I'm feeling dumb....but....
How can I convert the raw script page into a .js?
I'm trying to download the Mouse System-Ex.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it has incompatibility issues with the newest version of mv. So you would have to downgrade as far as I know. Unless your already using a more out dated version, I think 1.5.2 and below.

For the script, on the raw page right click and select all, then save as name.js, name being the plugin name at the top of the script.

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
I'm feeling dumb....but....
How can I convert the raw script page into a .js?
I'm trying to download the Mouse System-Ex.
Right Click, save link as
or open github page right click save as.
1590716014974.png

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Black Mamba That sometimes does not download the js file properly, I have seen it myself. Best to select all the raw code, copy and paste into a text file and save as into a js file to know 100% sure its been done right.

Last edited:

VTDraws

Filthy Point-&-Click casual
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So with the new version of MV, this plugin just outright does not work. It may have something to do with how MV now fetches folders and assets, I'm not sure.
All I know is that I have my directory still set to img/cursors/ , but when I upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.6.2, all of a sudden the plugin goes from working perfectly, to saying 'the directory img/cursors/ has been created for you. put any custom images in this folder.'
But, I already have that folder, AND when I tested to see what it was doing, it wasn't actually 'creating' anything at all. Unsure what happened, but the update has completely borked this poor Plugin. Any way it can be updated/fixed? :( I know it's old, but it's a core asset to the point and click I was working on.

spec3

blep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So with the new version of MV, this plugin just outright does not work. It may have something to do with how MV now fetches folders and assets, I'm not sure.
All I know is that I have my directory still set to img/cursors/ , but when I upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.6.2, all of a sudden the plugin goes from working perfectly, to saying 'the directory img/cursors/ has been created for you. put any custom images in this folder.'
But, I already have that folder, AND when I tested to see what it was doing, it wasn't actually 'creating' anything at all. Unsure what happened, but the update has completely borked this poor Plugin. Any way it can be updated/fixed? :( I know it's old, but it's a core asset to the point and click I was working on.
Mine works. It's all the way up there in the plugin list. It gives an error when play testing but when exported works fine: my cursor is not in the img folder, but is in the main folder (next to the .rpgproject). I mean, it's activated and all, but put aside and even then it works. Also, the version I have is 1.8.2, try updating.

Last edited:

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mine works. It's all the way up there in the plugin list. It gives an error when play testing but when exported works fine. My cursor is not in the img folder, but is in the main folder (next to the .rpgproject)
I kinda need to be able to see the cursors during playtesting, though... I have an entire point-and-click system in place, where you change between 'look', 'touch', 'talk', and 'listen', each with a respective cursor image change. If I can't see that during playtesting, I can't be sure the game is working properly.

spec3

blep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kinda need to be able to see the cursors during playtesting, though... I have an entire point-and-click system in place, where you change between 'look', 'touch', 'talk', and 'listen', each with a respective cursor image change. If I can't see that during playtesting, I can't be sure the game is working properly.
Ah, I see. I use icons and they appear fine for me. Try updating.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't had any problems using this in 1.6.2, but I also haven't set up any cursors yet (using it mainly for the improved mouse experience in menus), so perhaps there are issues with that aspect of it? I'm not sure... if there are, I'd definitely like to know, since I probably will want to add cursors eventually.

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
@VTDraws @Solar_Flare You can always try to use fixed version of the plugin, posted by me in this thread :)

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why is there an isFontLoaded function added at the bottom of the file? It doesn't even seem to be used.

I can see the fix to cursor directory detection is required, but I'm not sure why it's so complicated... what's wrong with just var path = this.customCursorPath?

I was using the older version of MouseSystemEx (1.5.8 I think) from the dlc directory, so maybe that's partly why I saw no issues. I decided to update when I noticed there was a newer version, though.

Last edited:

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Why is there an isFontLoaded function added at the bottom of the file? It doesn't even seem to be used.
Its default MV function but it behave differently on different versions of nwjs for this plugin. Was added for fix endless loading with this plugin in 1.5.0 version of MV, for 1.6.2 its not needed.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so in the latest version, in the _precacheCustomCursors function, I changed this:

JavaScript:
            // Find that relative local path, using MV's own methods
            var path = window.location.pathname.replace(/\/[^\/]*$/, '/' + this.customCursorPath);
            if (path.match(/^\/([A-Z]\:)/)) {
                path = path.slice(1);
            }
            path = decodeURIComponent(path);
to this:

JavaScript:
            var path = this.customCursorPath
and that seems to work. @VTDraws - you could try either that or Krimer's fix. The issue was that it tried to look for the cursors directory in C:\ instead of your project directory, but only in that one place, everywhere else it was correct (I think).

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks you guys, all fixed up! I'll be sure to let y'all know if any other weirdness happens. :D

Phoenixsylph

=w= just chillin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, I was wondering if it was possible to both be able to hover over an event, and hover away from it, and then also be able to click or not click it.

I basically have the event set up so it turns to a different object on hover, and then returns to the original form, and back again once I hover. Problem is, I can't seem to have a click function option with hovering?

It seems like it wants me to choose between hovering or clicking, wasn't sure how I could set it up in the event to do both.

I also seem to be having trouble with it finding my cursor icon, which is called bluebutton [in the img/cursors folder]type just like that, as bluebutton.png in the cursor image parameters, as well as set to true for custom cursor, and false for hiding it.

But I can do without the cursor. The most *Important* thing, is being able an event to change it's image on hover, and back to normal once leaving hover, and be able to get another event to play on a click.

I really really appreciate the help <3 thank you so much!

My contacts, phoenixsylvan@gmail.com, twitter @phoenixastra, or discord PhoenixSylph#7995

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, SO @Krimer @Solar_Flare , I found the issue. It wasn't what any of us thought.

Last night after messing with my game a bit, the mouse system broke again. At first, it just wasn't using any NEW cursors I'd recently made and put into the img/cursors/ folder... but then after I got frustrated and remade the cursors folder to try and 'refresh' it, it wasn't finding ANY of my custom cursors in the /img/cursors folder.
After three hours of frustration, I discovered the problem.
I had deleted the _index.json file
Yeah dummy move on me, but that's where things get interesting/frustrating.

I checked into the json file by temp changing it to .txt, and found that the index only had my OLD cursor png names in it. It hadn't naturally updated with the new cursor pngs I put in it last night. So I manually added the new .png file names to the _index.txt, saved it to _index.json again, and then the plugin worked just fine because it could find the new pngs!

Now, I know this means I can just manually put in all my new cursor files, but shouldn't the _index.json be updating on its own when I put new files into the /img/cursors/ folder?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The index JSON is generated only if you launch the game as a playtest from the editor. If that's what you're doing, and you're using the fixed code that has been posted in this thread, and it still doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem could be... I would probably try setting a breakpoint in _precacheCustomCursors and stepping through to see what's wrong.

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The index JSON is generated only if you launch the game as a playtest from the editor. If that's what you're doing, and you're using the fixed code that has been posted in this thread, and it still doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem could be... I would probably try setting a breakpoint in _precacheCustomCursors and stepping through to see what's wrong.
I am indeed running it from the editor as a playtest, and am using the fixed script. Not sure what's happening T0T

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
@VTDraws ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I cant recreate your problem, no matter how many new cursors i add to folder - they all appears in json after playtest. If you can recreate problem in new project and send it to me in pm i can look in to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Musixim