Rokazulu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I am attempting to make a game with puzzles only.

One such idea I had is the ability to move boxes a certain distance.

Problem is I don't know how to give the player the ability to move an event on their own. (I want them to press Z to pick up the box, and the press Z to place it back down, without conflicting with objects already in place)

Here is some screenshots to display the idea:

WorldTreeEvent1.jpg
Here we have the box the player has the ability to move (only boxes!)

WorldTreeEvent2.jpg
Here the player can move the box up to 7 spaces and place the box down.
I also wanted to create an animation for the arrow like in tactical games that show where the friendly unit can move.

I see there are some event move commands in place, yet still unclear how to utilize this in game. Give me the resources to figure it out or some suggestions on what to do from here would be much appreciated.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure how best to have the character pick up something and put it down elsewhere, but the simplest solution to create is the "push block" type puzzles.

Just one command in an event does it. You found the event's "set motion path" bit, so just set that to "move away from player" for 1 tile with a "button press" to activate it.

I know this works in MZ but not sure about MV. It should work though.

How you choose to test for it's location is up to you since there are many ways to do that.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mog Hunter's plugin - MOG_PickupThrow.js could do it:

Rokazulu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure how best to have the character pick up something and put it down elsewhere, but the simplest solution to create is the "push block" type puzzles.

Just one command in an event does it. You found the event's "set motion path" bit, so just set that to "move away from player" for 1 tile with a "button press" to activate it.

I know this works in MZ but not sure about MV. It should work though.

How you choose to test for it's location is up to you since there are many ways to do that.

Was hoping to have something a little more advanced than this. But, I suppose this should be a better starting point.

Mog Hunter's plugin - MOG_PickupThrow.js could do it:

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't seem to get this to work though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.
Ami
trying to make a Dialogue Script in Indonesian,first. then translate into English.

this is the reason why i'm terrible at this section beside making the enemies :stare:
Made a Mapping Tutorial on Adding Lighting/Shadows using Tileset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnGieA