Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been searching for an answer to this question for a while now, but can't seem to find anything that helps me. Is there a plugin that can shift the choices box vertically and horizontally? I'm trying to create an event title screen at the time with Denis Kuznetsov's DKTools plugin (which can be found here: https://dk-plugins.ru/mv/dktools/), and am using the "Quick Start" parameter to skip the default title screen. On a new map, I've set up a parallax background and custom title along with some scripted fluff. This has all worked fine, and I'm just providing it for context. What I want now is to create a choices box with the "New Game," "Load," and "Options" features, but centering it places it too high up on the screen. I know I could avoid the use of a choices box altogether and go instead for pictures that the user could click on, but I want to be able to select options with the keyboard traditionally.

Also, just in case this gets brought up... I am aware of Soulpour777's Choice Position Manager plugin and have looked into it. The plugin does just as the title implies: it can change the size and position of the choices box. However, on Soul's website (https://soulxregalia.wordpress.com/2015/12/19/rmv-choice-position-manager/), the Dropbox and Github download links for this plugin are both dead.

Is there any other plugin that can accomplish the same feat? Note that I'd prefer that to an answer that tells me how to rework my custom title screen because, while that would still be very useful, I'll presumably end up needing to reposition the choices box later down the line in the overworld.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
There is a reason the links for anything related to Soulpour are dead- he plagiarised his works, which he got caught and had to remove any links to any plugins he plagiarised. Just for the record in the future, completely avoid any of his work.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's too bad. I'll be sure to avoid his work in the future.

Are there any other ways to shift the choice box? Or even possibly just change the height? I guess I could also change the position of the text with this script:
alias_Bitmap_drawText = Bitmap.prototype.drawText;
Bitmap.prototype.drawText = function (text, x, y, maxWidth, lineHeight, align) {
y += 45;
alias_Bitmap_drawText.call(this, text, x, y, maxWidth, lineHeight, align);
};
And then just make the background transparent, but the text gets cut off:
upload_2018-3-16_17-55-8.png

Hopefully I'm making this clear enough. The choices box can only be put in one of three places by default, and I want to know if there's any way to make the text appear lower while still being able to choose between options with the keyboard, like the choices in the choices box.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalenacio