Move event to a certain coordinate (x, y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been struggling with this for quite a lot of time.
YEP_MoveCore and QPathfinding don't work for me. I've looked into RMMV Script Calls list but this "$gameMap.event(id).command(x);" doesn't make any sense to me. What is the command for what I'm looking for?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't believe you need anything complicated like plugins or script calls.
Depends on how exactly you wanna "move" the event. Do you mean like, just teleporting there? Moving there manually through Set Movement Route?

If I'm picturing this correctly, you could easily just use the "Set Event Location" tab under the Transfer Player/Set Movement Route area in panel 2. Just select the right coordinates.

If you want it to actually move there through in-game eventing, you might need to experiment with Set Movement Route.

Otherwise, I'm not too sure...

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need my events to go to certain coordinates via pathfinding. I believe there are script calls for that. I'm using YEP_MoveCOre and Orange Pathfinding and it works great besides this "function". Events easily find the player but just stumble around when I use MOVE TO: X, Y. I've also tried "this.moveToPoint(26, 13)" which gives me an awful FPS drop.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't see those plugins in action you mentioned, but for Pathfinding I'm using @Shaz Smart Pathfinding and I'm happy with it, great plugin so you can try it for yourself.

However, there is a script call, but it will only teleport event on XY of map, so that's not good enough for you, right?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! It works fine!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor