Move Help Window location from top to bottom?

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm wondering if there is a simple way to move the help window from the top of all menu screens to the bottom instead? I had this set up using scripts in Ace so I'm hoping it's easy enough to replicate in MV.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you can move it by changing the js files.  But it means you're going to pretty much have to modify the locations of ALL the menu windows, as they're all based on leaving space above for the help window.

Although ruby and javascript have different syntax, the class names are similar and the methods/functions are similar, so if you've done it on your own for Ace, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to make the same changes in MV.  

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, you can move it by changing the js files.  But it means you're going to pretty much have to modify the locations of ALL the menu windows, as they're all based on leaving space above for the help window.

Although ruby and javascript have different syntax, the class names are similar and the methods/functions are similar, so if you've done it on your own for Ace, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to make the same changes in MV.  

Hmm, I see, thanks Shaz. Actually, I didn't do this manually in Ace, I think it was part of another plugin, possibly by Yanfly.

It isn't a huge problem right now, I guess I'll come back to it when I know exactly which menu windows I'll actually be using and then modify each individually (I'm ditching most of the default menu windows anyway.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti