Move! I'm making a movie

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by ye51d, Jun 25, 2014.

1. ye51d

ye51d Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    [​IMG]
     ​
    Move! I'm making a movie​
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
    Meet Savitri, a girl with only one goal in her mind: To make the movie of her dreams, thing is her movie needs a lot of help, because is way too ambitious​
     ​
    And so, Savitri with the help of her boyfriend Mezcal, will have to fight in order to obtain what they need, beacuse in this world you have to prove you are worth of your carrer, so don't be surprised if a carpenter crush your bones manipulating wood, a psychologist wakes your inner demons and rip your mind or an executive producer buys your soul, literally.​
     ​
     i'm really excited with this project and when it is up, hope you like it , i still have a lot to do but wanted to share.
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
    Screenshots ( WIP)​
     ​
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
    Will update soon... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Silvestre likes this.
  2. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sounds like an interesting storyline concept. Good luck with it!

Also, this isn't the introduction forums, but welcome to the list of active forum members! ^_^

3. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's my very quick and sketchy take on the game (link for info on why it's so short and all that jazz)

I assume this build of the game was bugged, because I could not progress past the first area.

+Nice and lighthearted intro: you see a commercial and decide you’re gonna make a movie. Sure!

+Custom artwork for tiles is simplistic but appealing.

+Not personally a fan of the character portrait’s pseudo-chibi stle, but it’s not bad.

+Dialog seems nice with some good reactions from inspecting stuff.

-There’s a bug somewhere, because I need some dude to come with me and he’s NOWHERE to be seen.

[SIZE=12pt]To the dev: I’m sorry, but I think that’s a bug and I can’t seem to do anything about it.[/SIZE]

ye51d likes this.
  4. ye51d

ye51d Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Indrah first of all, i want to thank you for taking the time to play my bugged dame

Indeed the game has a bug and i should have said something in this topic, i was way too ambitious with all the game and in the last minute i was making changes, between these changes i made some fixes on Mezcal, the character that didn't appear and forgot to activate an event, and that's it, you can only play 2% of my game, of course after getting a lot frustrated cause like all of us, i worked on this game pretty hard only to get destroyed by my ambition.

I'm working now really properly on my game, adding new features, completing it ( like the radio stations, now the spanish station have a radionovela...) overall adding more content and context, once again i want to thank you and to forgive me, since i know how frustrating is to play a bugged alpha game. Thanks ! 

Silvestre likes this.
  5. kartersaint

kartersaint Ornate Brain Veteran

First Language:
    English?
    Hope you fix the bug. Then I will give a shot again.

6. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well good luck, just saw this game just now so I haven't played it, but it's a cool concept. Looking forward to a fixed up version.