dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to be able to move the position of each choice in the "show choices" window.

For example, in the screenshot below "Status" might be near the top, then "Workers" might be 100px below it, and so on.

I have tried using Yanfly Message Core codes, e.g \py[0] and \px[0] but it wont accept negative values to move the position up.

Has anyone got any plugin suggestions, or can create something to allow me to set the position of choices on a per-command basis? Budget available.

1593680943050.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are you using to get what you've already got? I don't know of any menu / choice system like that.

Rather than using negative values, it would be better to just change the top left position.

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I've managed to find a temporary solution using https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/choice-list-position.113142/page-3 Its not exactly what I was looking for but will let me run some tests. I'll report back here

@Shaz I was using just default Yanfly plugins. You can set the Message Rows to 7 to allow grouped choices, and then its just aligned right.

Will see how I get on

That plugin allowed me to change the top left position - but it won't let me set the individual positioning of each item it seems...

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know but i guess you could try this:
Put many empty spaces after the first choice letters, that should result in the text being displayed more left if not centered.
For example: ( . = free space, i believe its enough when you do it in the first choice )
Status.......................................................

Edit. If you want it to be displayed differently in height, than put a transparent and empty textbox directly infront of the show choices command. That combines those, the position of the textbox than changes the position of the choices window.Both are displayed at the same time.

Edit2: Oh i seem to have missread at first.
Without Plugin you could use Pictures and create this from Scratch.
This Online Generator is helpfull to make good looking button Pictures. And Pictures can be easily placed anywhere on the Screen. We could help you with the evented menu logic.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!
I just came up with a very original RPG Idea. This is so well written that it might be the first RPG I actually finish making. (I’ve stopped all my projects halfway through development. I don’t think this one will be the same.)
Became a news junkie... except for those times I got inspired and published a chapter of any of my crazy stories. XD
Finally returning to one of my least favorite parts of game deving - mapping.
Me, adding new map: Okay, so this map will be the - wait...Map 501?! O.O E-excuse me?!
So, yup...breaking into the 500's for map count. Some are placeholders for now, since I haven't gotten around to actually mapping them yet. But soon. Very soon...oof, I'm scared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmch1234