dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would like to be able to move the position of each choice in the "show choices" window.

For example, in the screenshot below "Status" might be near the top, then "Workers" might be 100px below it, and so on.

I have tried using Yanfly Message Core codes, e.g \py[0] and \px[0] but it wont accept negative values to move the position up.

Has anyone got any plugin suggestions, or can create something to allow me to set the position of choices on a per-command basis? Budget available.

1593680943050.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are you using to get what you've already got? I don't know of any menu / choice system like that.

Rather than using negative values, it would be better to just change the top left position.

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I've managed to find a temporary solution using https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/choice-list-position.113142/page-3 Its not exactly what I was looking for but will let me run some tests. I'll report back here

@Shaz I was using just default Yanfly plugins. You can set the Message Rows to 7 to allow grouped choices, and then its just aligned right.

Will see how I get on

That plugin allowed me to change the top left position - but it won't let me set the individual positioning of each item it seems...

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know but i guess you could try this:
Put many empty spaces after the first choice letters, that should result in the text being displayed more left if not centered.
For example: ( . = free space, i believe its enough when you do it in the first choice )
Status.......................................................

Edit. If you want it to be displayed differently in height, than put a transparent and empty textbox directly infront of the show choices command. That combines those, the position of the textbox than changes the position of the choices window.Both are displayed at the same time.

Edit2: Oh i seem to have missread at first.
Without Plugin you could use Pictures and create this from Scratch.
This Online Generator is helpfull to make good looking button Pictures. And Pictures can be easily placed anywhere on the Screen. We could help you with the evented menu logic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nallovint