Move route & event touch

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have an event on a move route and set on event touch. The issue I'm having that if the player stands still and the event passes over the player but does not trigger unless the player moves. I need it to trigger even if the player is still.

Of note, Through is on so that the event can pass over landscape as needed.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you use YEP region restrict to tag the region and take through off? (using the event allow tag)

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, I probably could, but that makes the assumption that Through is the problem, and I don't actually know if it is.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I ran into this problem in Version 1.1 of MV as well, as if I stepped on a moving event touch event it would sometimes not trigger. I got around it by using player touch, but I wonder if there was a better way to handle it?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Player touch requires the player to approach the event. Event touch can be triggered by either the player or the event. I think there was an issue if you have the frequency set to the highest value. Is yours? What version of MV do you have in your project?

Is your event set to Same as Characters priority? Does it make a difference if you set it to Above Characters?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, through IS the problem because while on through the event can't touch or trigger anything.
This is the way it works for Ace, and I don't think it was change with MV.

sairus323

Wandering mage
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had (have) the same problem with the latest RMMV version: when frequency is set to maximum the "through" events are are hard to activate by event touch if they are above or under the player... I was forced to find a workaround for part of my game that uses this type of events... Shaz was saying (when I started a topic about it) that this bug was in the early RMMV versions and was fixed, but there was a big update (they (devs) even was asking for full backup of all projects and character generator parts before updating) so maybe they accidentaly made this bug to appear again...

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry for not getting back to this sooner - I've had life and things flattening me. Yay.

Anyway...
@Shaz The project was made with the Steam version of MV that I leave to auto-update, so it should be the most recent version. However, I don't know how to check what version the project itself is using. Event is set to Above Characters, as I want the events to go over any landscape. I did try setting to Same as Characters, and they proceeded by without triggering the Event Touch functionality.

@Andar except that it DOES work, but only if the player is in motion.

@sairus323 The frequency is never set to to the maximum. I did that once and laughed - way too fast!

[Edit] I have tried with through off (it turns out to be not necessary with Yanfly's Move Route Core), however, you can still just remain motionless to cause the event to not trigger. (Nope, I'm just dumb - trying stuff continues) Will test with other variations not using the plugin, as well.

[Edit2] It would seem it is indeed the through flag that is interfering. However, I need these events to be able to move over the otherwise-collidable landscape. Is there a way to do this?

Last edited:

sairus323

Wandering mage
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yep. If you know the exact places where they go through the terrain you could make them "through" for this part of map with "move route" menu

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
@sairus323 That is an excellent point that makes me want to thump my head on the desk. I hate move routes on good days. x_x But thanks for the great suggestion!

sairus323

Wandering mage
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sairus323 The frequency is never set to to the maximum. I did that once and laughed - way too fast!
*bore mode on* I know a lot of time passed but: looks like you've read about frequency, but thought about speed. Because frequency is affecting how often event moves and at maximum frequency it moves without any pauses, and speed is affecting how fast the event moves, and maximum speed is really fast and usefull for something like bullets or arrows.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
@sairus323 Normal speed, normal frequency. It looks like both "through" and above/below characters cause the issues I describe. Ultimately, I gave up on using either one and just have my events interactive with the environment in the same way as the player. Not what I wanted, but it will have to do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Botch