Status
Not open for further replies.

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is my first time creating an account on a forum, so please forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct place.

I'm having some trouble with a set move route I have. I'll try to explain as much in detail as possible as well as providing pictures.

The player character talks to a man stuck in a jail cell, to which the captor asks if he could help by talking to the king. The player accepts, talks to the king, and brings back a key to unlock the jail cell. I have a control switch set in the commands the locked cell door so that when control switch [0012: Captor Leaves] is on, the player moves out of the way and the captor exits the area.

The player character moves out of the way which is perfectly fine. But when the captor starts to move, he only moves two steps and stops. I figured it might because of the door event that was there, so I placed a "Through: On" in the move right and turned it back off when he moved over the tile. Only...The captor starts spazzing and runs all over the place, going through tiles and not going with the move route I had set at all. I'm really at a loss of what to do.

This is what the event looks like:

LIw7pkP.png

If there isn't anything that I'm clarifying correctly, please let me know and I will do my best to explain. Thank you for any help in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why have you autonomous movement active on a page that has a set moveroute? That will only confuse the program when trying to move the event.

And if possible, don't split moveroutes into several commands if that isn't needed, you can better combine the three moveroutes after the wait and before the text into a single move route.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
possibly the autonomous movement that is set to random causes the problem... I imagine that sends a new move route to the system every now and then which overrides your evented move route

Last edited by a moderator:

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
I thought that was the problem as well, but changing it to anything else doesn't fix it.

I also had the move route in one separate command, but that doesn't help either...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you have move routes set to "This Event" and move routes set to "Captor Leaves"? It LOOKS like "This Event" IS "Captor Leaves", unless you have several events with the same name?

What's on tab 1? What's on tab 3? Are you sure tab 2 is the active one? Is there any other event that also changes the move route of that event?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought that was the problem as well, but changing it to anything else doesn't fix it.

I also had the move route in one separate command, but that doesn't help either...
Even if that change doesn't fix it, it's still an error that can cause problems. So please change autonomous movement to "fixed" on that page, and combine all move commands into a single move route.
After that, you'll need to look for other causes for the problem. Please show us the other two pages of the event, the problem might be there (especially if you made a mistake on the third page).

And check your scripts if any of them use switches or variables for configuration, and if yes which ones.

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
Why do you have move routes set to "This Event" and move routes set to "Captor Leaves"? It LOOKS like "This Event" IS "Captor Leaves", unless you have several events with the same name?What's on tab 1? What's on tab 3? Are you sure tab 2 is the active one? Is there any other event that also changes the move route of that event? 
That was just me forgetting to change "This Event" to "Captor Leaves" since I had them all in one command. They are indeed the same event.

Here are my other two pages.

Page 1: 
tf3dyV3.png

Page 3: 
JTXiYHP.png

I highly doubt the cause of this issue is because of these pages, as they are merely blank.

And the only scripts I use are DoctorTodd's script so that it plays a sound and animation when you level up, and Yanfly's Ace Message System. I also don't believe these scripts are causing this problem since I have a similar event that works just fine. It's only this one that's spazzing out.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and Yanfly's Ace Message System. I also don't believe these scripts are causing this problem since I have a similar event that works just fine. It's only this one that's spazzing out.
The Ace message systen uses variables for configuration. For which variables did you set that script to use? If you did not change the script's default variables, did you reserve them and made sure that you didn't use those variables for other purposes?
What other events do you have on the map with this event? Have you checked those other events for a move route that mistakenly controls the bugged event?

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm pretty sure the default variables are in check, since I'm only using that script so I can have a Name Box over the face graphic. So, to be perfectly clear, I did not set any variables for it at all. But yes I did make sure I did not use those variables for anything else. So far the only variables I'm using is defeating x number of enemies to open a door which is on a completely different map.

The only events I have are the locked cell doors in the jail, which all work perfectly. Since you brought it up, I removed them to see if maybe the problem lied within the door event, yet again the problem still persists. I even got rid of EVERY other event I had just in case. Am I missing something?? I just don't get it...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there a common event that might affect this? Those run on all maps, that's why they're called "common"...

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
I actually don't have any common events at all.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't think you want the Move Route to be set to Random.  Set it to Custom, and if you want some "predictable randomness" add in an occasional random step.  This can nicely simulate drunkenness, and still get the event to move where you want it to go.

If you want the captor to escape, set Through to on, then set a defined move route to escape.  And have another event page where you make the event vanish (set a Self Switch, then use a new page where the event requires the Self Switch and is not present).

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you set the event's move route to fixed, combined all move route commands into one, turned through ON to enter through another event, and this STILL made the event walk around randomly?

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think we need an updated look at your events and what exactly is happening after the changes. Please describe what's happening now, and repost the 2nd page so we can see your changes.

If things are still exactly the same, the next logical step would be to look at the event that turns switch 12 on.

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay the same thing is still happening. The event is just spazzing randomly even after I figured out that the Autonomous Movement was set to Random. I set it to fixed, and it's still going everywhere, through walls, beds, jell cells. 

Here is the current event the way it is now:

moNBbzn.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you zip up your project, and a save file right before doing the action in question, and load it up somewhere?

I'm sure it's something simple, and you're just not looking in the right place.

Also, Erase Event should be the LAST command - and you don't even want to erase it if you want page 3 to become active when switch 20 is on.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You may also be editing the wrong event in the wrong map. I often back up whole maps or separate events, and sometimes that leads me to editing the backed up copy instead of the current one. Something to think about, because there's no reason for it to be doing the exact same thing if you've been changing it.

Try changing the graphic of that page. If it's still the same when you playtest it, then it's definitely the wrong event.

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay um...I restarted the program and it's not spazzing anymore, but now it's disappearing. ??????

I got rid of the "Erase Event" too because that actually was not supposed to be there.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's meant to disappear at the end, because you're turning on a switch and you have no graphic on page 3, which is conditioned by the switch.

AnjelFeather

Ace of Diamonds
Reaction score
First Language
English
No I mean that he disappears before any of the movements are made. That /isn't/ supposed to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

Lord's Reincarnation III (LR3) MOBILE is coming!!!
iu_534706_7630675.png
ScreenShot_1_20_2022_2_19_41.png
Juice FX is amazing... the portal in the middle is actually animated and moves thanks to Juice FX. so I edited part of a map I have and then drew the portal around it. threw it into Juice FX and now it's lively instead of static.
Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thantaight