The Nerdiest Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And here I thought move routes were simple... sigh. :LZSbleh:

Here's my problem. I need this kid to leave right after you talk to him. However, all he does is look right and stay still. I have no idea why this is not working.

Here's the "main" event that makes everything go:
0b39f32fa6de2c7f9e10b1dc4907a2a7.png

a322290d7dfd52724d35a0e42b8d9db8.png

8e0de98dd6627d470f38021e3e569547.png

• After you step on a 1 tag, the short exchange is supposed to begin. The variables are called boulder because I'm just recycling.
  • Everything up to the "kid goes" switch works.

Here's the kid's event:
0d0454484afd44086ca4d85c7737faf0.png

b7f76fd7753f27787b1de17121c5b5fb.png

88cf2ceaac6baccb5b2291d7db57caac.png

• Ignore page 4. I got rid of it and the problem occurs with and without it. It was just an extra I didn't need.
  • As you can see, he's on 'Through,' so nothing should make him stop.
  • The 'RIP' switch on page 1 just makes him pop up after a previous cutscene.

Here's the event that controls the kid's movement:
9e1c88de68fcf96cf053c3a47ae7e691.png
30900e7c8560e7980f904a87443d6eb1.png

a1689e8bc251007fdfbd2949a042d788.png

• Is the move route too long or something?

I don't think it's because of the number of parallel processes since I had much more running at one earlier point.
And because I am using Yanfly's Move Restrict Region script, I made sure to leave the restrict tags out of the kid's way.
Also, there are no other parallel processes actively going, unless Erase Event means nothing when tinting the screen, heh...

So... what am I doing wrong? :LZSskeptic: Is there a simpler way of doing this?

Thanks! :LZSsmile:

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I usually hate diagnosing a long eventing, but ...

You have move route with parallel process, and you didn't put wait for completion there, nor an event command to exterminate it either by erasing the event, or switch it to different page that is not from event route, I know you put switch ON, but back at the first reason.

So, I guess it's because the parallel process keep looping it without a thing that stops it.

FishStickMystic

The Nerdiest Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't believe.
Moving that Switch On.
Out of the move route.
Fixed all of this.
And I never figured, "Maybe doing that would be a bad idea."

Sigh... Thanks @TheoAllen . Sorry for wasting your time. e_e

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No prob. I ran into similar problem before lol

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@S0NICFan111
An other big mistake is splitting the cutscenes over different events and event pages controlled by switches. You should never use such a structure unless it is something esotheric that you know exactly why to use.

Regulär cutscenes should have one controlling event with one page containing every command. The NPC placeholder should always be action button and never contain a single command, neither autonomous movement nor in the content area.
Instead, the main controlling event should remotely control the NPC by targeted move route - you wouldn't need a single switch that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Last monday Hawkzombie played ATV.

Here are the videos:

Yes, I'm alive. No the semester didn't kill me. Though there are days I feel like I am dead.
In the review stages for Pixacrea to be put up on Steam :) Coming Soon page... hopefully coming soon ;)
since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadened