Rrrrryan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I am using Yanfly's Event Spawner plugin to add an event to the map. This event functions as a follower NPC with an on action button trigger who you can issue the orders "wait here" or "follow" to. If "follow" is selected, I have a parallel common event that runs when a switch is flipped. All I am seeking to do is to recreate the "Set Move Route" to make the spawned event move towards the player without waiting for completion when that "follow" command is chosen. (I cannot use the "set move route" since the event is spawned)

I understand how to get the event ID of the Yanfly Spawned event by using the command $gameMap.LastSpawnedEventID() and assigning it to variable '3'. I can then reference that event using $gameMap.event($gameVariables.value(3))

Using some of the previously posted threads on this board regarding similar issues, I understand the next script would be $gameMap.event($gameVariables.value(3)).moveTowardPlayer() but this alone does not behave like the "Set Move Route" would. Instead, the event shakes and moves rapidly and does not seem to be affected by speed or frequency settings. Can anyone offer assistance?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[MOVE]Javascript/Plugin Support[/MOVE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk