Move Specialization

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Kitdan7, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Kitdan7

Kitdan7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've looked at a few different plugins that adjust move mechanics, but I haven't found any that do what I want. Here's what I'm after:

1. A move that lets the user attempt to eat enemies with certain tags on them. (a snake that can eat small enemies like rats and bats) It needs to inflict the Knockout state on the target and add a regen state to the user. the regen state should happen only if the move hits its target. If it misses, the regen state doesn't happen.

2. A move that lets the user grapple a target. (also for the snake) This is more modifying the State system, I think, but I might be wrong. Basically, I want a state that wears off or is removed when a certain move is used, then the move inflicts the state on a new target.

3. Twincast. I've seen plugins that kinda do this, but it doesn't work right. Having one character use a move that requires two characters to perform should count as a move for both characters. Ideally, make it do nothing unless both characters involved have selected the move, like Palom and Porom in Final Fantasy IV. If that can't be done, (I don't know the limits of Plugins) just making the move cancel the other character's next move would be fine.

If there's a pre-existing plugin that does these things, please tell me. I sometimes miss features that plugins have, so I might have already seen a plugin that does what I want and just didn't notice. Otherwise, I'd like to ask that someone make a plugin that does these things. Please?

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    For number 1, you can utilize the damage formula for it, but you need to decide first how you will tag "small" enemies..

2) You can also utilize the damage formula for that
    Code:
    if (b.isStateAffected(grappleId)){b.removeState(grappleId);b.addState(otherStateId)}
    3) You do need a plugin for that

3. Kitdan7

Kitdan7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I honestly had no clue the damage formula could manipulate states. with a little experimenting, this solved number 1, (I already have a plugin that adds basic custom targeting conditions, which I probably should have mentioned) but for number 2, I'm after something more along the lines of: Remove state from all enemies, add state to one specified enemy. (my custom target condition plugin can't do that)

As a side note, the snake (grappling) and the twincasting are in two different games, so I don't necessarily need one plugin that can do both.

4. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want to remove a state from all enemies and add one to one enemy just make the skill call a common event, have that common event use the event command "Change Enemy State", set it to entire troop. You can then use the damage formula box to add the state to the target. Job done.

For your point 3, there's varying complexities of how you can do this, but the simplest without needing a brand new plugin to be made would be to have the combo skill set up with a condition branch checking if a switch is on, if the switch is off, the skill will turn the switch on, and if it's on the skill will execute your combo move. You would then have a troop event set up to occur every turn that turns said switch off. You're damage formula would look something like this:

Code:
    $gameSwitches.value(id) ? a.atk * 8 - b.def * 2 : $gameSwitches.setValue(id, true)
    Replace id with the switches id.

To save hassle with having to add the troop event to every troop you could use Yanfly's Base Troop plugin to copy it to every troop.

5. Kitdan7

Kitdan7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lol, I forgot the Battle section of events even existed. That solved it.

That's very helpful. Add an "addState(self removing state)" so it doesn't say it "had no effect", and it's perfect. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Silva likes this.