Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
so i am trying to make an event but i don't know how to keep going it, when i will touch a specific place a monster will appear and i need that my heroes to back up and do some moves, but i don't know how to do it because i can only move my main hero and the heroes behind him will just follow him, but i need them to go for example one up and one left.
What should i do? make them and create 2 events for my heroes or something like that?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The way to do this without specialized plugins that allow you to control player followers is to first hide the controllable map characters. Then you replace them with events of your party characters which you can control however you want. It's usually easiest to gather followers first so that you know where to put the events. You can also fade the screen out, hide the player, place the events and then fade back in. Do the same method, whichever you choose, to switch back by hiding the events and making the player visible again. Oh, make sure the player can't move while your cutscene is running. Otherwise, they might run off while your cutscene is playing out.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way to do this without specialized plugins that allow you to control player followers is to first hide the controllable map characters. Then you replace them with events of your party characters which you can control however you want. It's usually easiest to gather followers first so that you know where to put the events. You can also fade the screen out, hide the player, place the events and then fade back in. Do the same method, whichever you choose, to switch back by hiding the events and making the player visible again. Oh, make sure the player can't move while your cutscene is running. Otherwise, they might run off while your cutscene is playing out.
In the end I could find a solution to make that event, but anyway i think i will have the same problem in the future. because now i moved the event in a place to have all the characters in a straight line. but if I will be in a large open space the position that my characters will be more then one so how can i know in that case where to put the events to replace my characters?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.
I've played Dragon's Dogma recently. Now I know the feel when you play RPG but without fast travel or vehicle to roam around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armexploit