Movement between tiles is choppy with Parallax Mapping

b_princess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: I just realized what my problem was. I need to bind the parallax image to the map.

How do you do that?

Hello everyone. I'm using RMMV and I just made my first parallax map based on an image I made in GIMP using some of the resources that come with RMMV.

I mapped it so that some tiles are passable and some aren't, but I'm noticing there is something choppy in the way the player moves around the tiles.

Basically I have the top of the image is non-passable and the bottom is passable. But somehow the player gets stuck moving between the first and second passable rows of tiles at the top of the passable area.

At first I thought there was maybe a glitch with the region restrictions plugin so I decided to do the passability in a different way: I made a "blank" tileset and created a new tileset type using the blank tiles where one is O passable and one is X.

And when I did that I had the exact same glitch.

I am attaching a screenshot right now but you cant really tell from a stillscreen what's going on. The player is at the highest row I have set as passable. If I press down the player won't immediately move down to the next row, but if I told the down button for a few seconds, the player will move. I'm not having that problem on any of the other rows or tiles.

Attachments

Last edited:

b_princess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! But I realize now what the problem was... I don't know how to bind the parallax image to the map.

How do you do that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're talking about a picture above the player/map, then you'll need a plugin for that.
If you're talking about the parallax below the player, then it doesn't need a bind but needs to be of the correct size for the map (mapsize x gridsize = pixel size) and have a filename that disables parallax movement (needs to begin with a !)

If that doesn't help, you need to show us the map properties and the parallax picture.

b_princess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you. I think the problem was i hadn't put the ! before the name. it seems to be working now! thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally figured out how to make a signature with a pic that leads to a link, it's so cool! Click the image to check out my demo! :kaopride:
When you are very focus making a game on a Monday morning and doing your very best to make it perfect for your players. Than smile to take a break and realize it is Friday... o_o
Are there any vocalists on RPG Maker Forums that would want to sing together in a group, duet or make a whole channel together?
Here it is in all its leggy glory! I apologize in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g_loyola