RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there everyone.

I am in the middle of trying to keep my NPCs on a "schedule" that coincides with a day-night system.

I was wondering if anyone has compiled how many frames movement takes based on speed (and how many frames are in the gap between based on frequency). While I recognize that players will always find ways to throw my schedules out of whack... and fear that lag may be a factor even with Yanfly's FPS synch... I don't want things to go too far out of schedule (or at least, not too quickly) if the player simply stays in town for long enough.

My google fu has failed me here, though it seems like someone should have charted this ages ago and I'm not 100% sure if I'm even using the correct language. Any assistance would be welcome.

Last edited:

RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wanted to follow up as I did a bunch of testing on my own to get the values, in case anyone else is interested.

Speed Settings: Moving between speed settings, the difference between the settings seems to be = # of frames in next fastest setting x 2 +1.

X4 Fast: 3 frames
X2 Fast: 7 frames
Average: 15 Frames
X2 Slow: 31 Frames
X4 Slow: 63 Frames
X8 Slow 127 Frames

Frequency Settings: Seems to be done in increments of 30 frames.
Lowest Freq: 120 Frames
Lower Freq: 90 Frames
Normal Freq: 60 Frames
Higher Freq: 30 Frames
Highest Freq: 0 Frames

As I couldn't find this info anywhere with a google search, I wanted to make sure it was out there. Apologies if all of this is considered common knowledge.

Reactions: J-G

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavdiasmylove