Not open for further replies.

ozaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! I have a pretty game breaking bug.
I've set a Scroll Map for a Cutscene. With it, a Horse Carriage and the Player below it as Transparent to make the Camera move!
All of them are running in a Parallel Process Event with the "Set Movement Route > Move left > Repeat" Option!

n4zat4.png

Thats how it looks like.
Then I've created an Autorun Process with Dialogs in it! And other functions like:

nq8vx4.png

Transparency off and a Switch On to end the Parallel Process!
After that, it transfers the Player another Map where another Autorun Process starts.
And after it starts, you can see the Player moving to the left (As if the Parallel Process is still on!)
It stops when the Dialog pops up, but continues when it closes...
I have another Movement Route setted in this Autorun to let the Player move up to the Castle, but the player doesnt, it continues trying to go left........

How do I fix that? Is that a Bug?
These are all Plugins I've installed!

30szjbd.png

Thank you in advance!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The problem is you have your cutscene set up in a very confusing way. Never use multiple events for a cutscene. Instead have one controlling event on autorun which sets all move routes for all events in the scene on the map. That will make it much easier to debug.

Also, as for the move route, set move route repeat repeats that move route until you tell it to stop, even if the controlling event is inactive. When do you ever tell the player to stop moving? I see no command for that anywhere.

ozaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
With stop I mean, to stop the Set Move Route reapeat... Not the Player to stop moving. I've putted the Move Route commands into the Autorun Event, still not working. How do I stop the Command?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It takes another move route command to stop a move route set to repeat. So use an empty move route command for the player when you wish them to stop, that will stop them from moving.

BLACK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! I have a pretty game breaking bug.
I've set a Scroll Map for a Cutscene. With it, a Horse Carriage and the Player below it as Transparent to make the Camera move!
All of them are running in a Parallel Process Event with the "Set Movement Route > Move left > Repeat" Option!

n4zat4.png

Thats how it looks like.
Then I've created an Autorun Process with Dialogs in it! And other functions like:

nq8vx4.png

Transparency off and a Switch On to end the Parallel Process!
After that, it transfers the Player another Map where another Autorun Process starts.
And after it starts, you can see the Player moving to the left (As if the Parallel Process is still on!)
It stops when the Dialog pops up, but continues when it closes...
I have another Movement Route setted in this Autorun to let the Player move up to the Castle, but the player doesnt, it continues trying to go left........

How do I fix that? Is that a Bug?
These are all Plugins I've installed!

30szjbd.png

Thank you in advance!
Where'd you get the custom black UI? I want it!

ozaya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It takes another move route command to stop a move route set to repeat. So use an empty move route command for the player when you wish them to stop, that will stop them from moving.

Thanks! That worked out!

Where'd you get the custom black UI? I want it!
Its not a custom UI, you can set it in your Options!
Under > Tools > Options > UI Theme

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.
Shin Megami Tensei V is really fun... and the music is sooo good.
*Saw a video of myself*
*Opens google*
*Search "How to delete my personality"*
Me: "I should make a quick prototype of my system to test early"
Also me: "Eh, drawing the character is more fun than actually making the game"
FFhEfyfUcAMOLjF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yam22