Jennavieve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MZ's movement route preview is a nice feature but, the way it is now, it's basically useless. I tried it out in a cutscene I was working on yesterday and I noticed a pretty major problem. It works just fine if you're previewing the first movement route for a particular event on a given event page but that's it. If you have multiple movement routes for an event on one page, the preview doesn't recognize prior movement when showing the preview so it shows the path starting from where the event initially starts on the map, rather than where it would actually be starting movement from on the current route.

For instance, I was working on a character that moves then there's some text boxes and movement of another character before that character moves again. When I went to preview the second movement route, the preview showed an inaccurate route because it started the route from where the character is initially placed on the map rather than where she would have been after her first movement route completed. It would be so much more helpful if the previews recognized prior movements and adjusted accordingly.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is by design and unfortunately not an easy one to adjust than you think because. How would it know other movement commands by other characters? The editor is a bit more complicated in this regard.

My suggestion is to do it first in one movement and add breakpoints (aka put sound or something) for parts you need to separate later on in-between event commands. Afterwards, just copy the move command to specific spots, delete the previous move routes, and so on.

Jennavieve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is by design and unfortunately not an easy one to adjust than you think because. How would it know other movement commands by other characters? The editor is a bit more complicated in this regard.

My suggestion is to do it first in one movement and add breakpoints (aka put sound or something) for parts you need to separate later on in-between event commands. Afterwards, just copy the move command to specific spots, delete the previous move routes, and so on.

First off, thank you for responding! It's awesome that you guys really listen and respond to user feedback.

I understand your point but, it also seems like it would be less cumbersome to adjust a route slightly IF there happens to be a conflict with another movement route rather than trying to plan everything out in one route and cutting and pasting the individual routes every single time.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I understand the pain but this is just one of those things where there is no time-efficient solution that will make everyone happy on the backend.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Heavy X-File reference here. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohzaru