mylafter

I’m a creep... I’m a weirdo...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to make an events' move route move 'up,down,left,right' more than once?
For example, a normal looking move route would look like:
> Move Up
> Move Up
> Move Up
> Move Right
> Move Right
>

Instead I'd like something like:
> Move Up (x3)
> Move Right (x2)
>

I know I can just use a path finding script but it doesn't work with most of my other scripts. (I'm using a pixel movement script)
The Pixel movement script counts each move as 8 pixels. Therefore, in the moveset I have to make it 'move up' 8 times in order to make an event move one whole tile.

As an alternate solution, maybe the wiser decision is to make a pathfinding script compatible with the pixel movement script?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
add a script block and try X.times{move_straight(direction)}
where X is the number and direction is 2, 4, 6 or 8.

mylafter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
add a script block and try X.times{move_straight(direction)}
where X is the number and direction is 2, 4, 6 or 8.
It works but the event sort of jumps to the next destination. No matter how I change the frequency or speed, making the event move more than 1 time makes it move instantly.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
confirmed.
then it needs a rework of the move route, because that's not sending 3 entries to the move route, but 1 that is 3 times as long.
I don't think there's a way of doing it without changing anything from the move route object.

mylafter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, the only way to make the movement look fluid is if you make it move one pixel at a time like: '1.times{move_straight(2)} '

But even that, the event moves at a very choppy pace. It also pretty much defeats the whole purpose.

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remember there being a script that had convenience methods for that, but I couldn't find it when I just searched. I think perhaps it was an old HimeWorks script that they stopped supporting. Anyway, I decided to make something. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but give it a go if you want.

mylafter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I remember there being a script that had convenience methods for that, but I couldn't find it when I just searched. I think perhaps it was an old HimeWorks script that they stopped supporting. Anyway, I decided to make something. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but give it a go if you want.
I get this error popup when I load into the game. I tested to see if it was just my project but even on a blank new project, this still occurs.

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are you putting the script call into the move route?
move route.png

mylafter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you putting the script call into the move route?
Okay, I figured out what was causing the crash.
I thought I had to keep it uppercased like <move MU 3> when it had to be lowercase.

It works perfectly! Thank you so much Moonless! :cutesmile:

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oops, forgot to make it so codes can be upcase or downcase. Updated the code now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zindasan0078