Movie doesn't play in the correct size

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so! I apologize if this has been talked about already, I searched a lot and found nothing ;w;'"

RPG Maker MV's screen size is 816x624, and I made an animation using that resolution. However, whenever I play the movie, it looks like this:
Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most probably it's due to your display driver not being able to handle video overlays in non-standard screen sizes.
If that is the case, your best choice is unfortunately to change to a standard screen size for the game - which would be for example 1024x768.

Some display drivers have options to solve this, but other people playing your game might end up with the same effect even if you can cancel it in your display driver.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar Oh, I see ;w; thank you so much!! Do you have any idea how I can change the screen size? I'm sorry, I'm not really good with stuff like this and Google is confusing me more than it should lmao

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin for that, but there are several of those around.
Yanfly's core can do that, but that plugin also has a lot of other functions and if you only want to change the screen size it might be better to look for one that does nothing but change the screen size.

One additional warning however:
The screen size is also the minimum map size neccessary for the engine and if you increase the screen size you might have to rework your smaller maps by adding a few black tiles around.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aah I see, thank you very much for your help!! I just got my project started, so that won't be much of a trouble! I'll search for the plugins now :D thanks once again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porkipon