Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so! I apologize if this has been talked about already, I searched a lot and found nothing ;w;'"

RPG Maker MV's screen size is 816x624, and I made an animation using that resolution. However, whenever I play the movie, it looks like this:
Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most probably it's due to your display driver not being able to handle video overlays in non-standard screen sizes.
If that is the case, your best choice is unfortunately to change to a standard screen size for the game - which would be for example 1024x768.

Some display drivers have options to solve this, but other people playing your game might end up with the same effect even if you can cancel it in your display driver.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar Oh, I see ;w; thank you so much!! Do you have any idea how I can change the screen size? I'm sorry, I'm not really good with stuff like this and Google is confusing me more than it should lmao

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin for that, but there are several of those around.
Yanfly's core can do that, but that plugin also has a lot of other functions and if you only want to change the screen size it might be better to look for one that does nothing but change the screen size.

One additional warning however:
The screen size is also the minimum map size neccessary for the engine and if you increase the screen size you might have to rework your smaller maps by adding a few black tiles around.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aah I see, thank you very much for your help!! I just got my project started, so that won't be much of a trouble! I'll search for the plugins now :D thanks once again!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lesbofication