Status
Not open for further replies.

CREATER

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello.  Which movie file formats are supported by RPG Maker MV (a MV project for an HTML5 internet browser game?)

I looked it up in the manuel and the only thing it seems to say is this.

8aae2f2546.png

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The movie format are:

1. WebM
  2. MP4

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the MP4 needs to be h.264 encoded

This can be found in the asset standards section of the help file.

Video Files (Movies)The file formats that are playable depend on the operating environment, so please prepare the below 2 file formats with the same file name.

• WebM(.webm)
  • MP4 (.mp4 encoded with H.264 codec)
* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the WebM file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shizzy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This thread was very helpful.

IamGilgamesh

Game Developer - Rapper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the MP4 needs to be h.264 encoded

This can be found in the asset standards section of the help file.

Video Files (Movies)

The file formats that are playable depend on the operating environment, so please prepare the below 2 file formats with the same file name.

• WebM(.webm)
  • MP4 (.mp4 encoded with H.264 codec)

* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the WebM file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

So when programming, do we just program it to do both and only one will function depending on which platform is running the game?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let's not necropost this, if you've got a question, please do create your own thread for this :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@IamGilgamesh yes

Different devices have different default codecs depending on the designer choice, and RM could either provide all possible formats and let the device look for the correct one, or pay licencing fees for an independent player to play a single filetype everywhere. And the licencing fees to include an independent player would have increased the price for MV a lot, while the converison is just a few minutes of work with a free converter at the developer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am proud of how much my friends are pure talent. This one is making my game possibilities bigger and bigger and I wanna share his word:
Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
yo how do I change my profile picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
etflab