Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just wondering if theres a way to put a video/animation in the title screen. (Using rpg maker mv)

Hector

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I saw this plugin earlier, and i couldn't figure out how to put my own animation in.  ( its also in Portuguese, which complicates things)

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You also might want to know what format to use. Webm, use any video converter if you have another video format. I have tested and found it working

::side note::

I have read you need both MP4 and Webm when exporting to Android/IOS.

There are a few plugins for pre-title events.

Here is a test video of a simple rotating cube i made just for a quick test....

movietest2.pngmovietest.png

//rmwfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2016_01/movietest.png.85d3bfda2ce496ce54a466b5fb79f144.png

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Well I speak spanish and I can slightly understand what it says there:

Features:

-Multiple logos

-Particles

-Movement of the title's image

-automatic fullscreen

-etc

Use:

The images (particles, logos, etc...) must be copied to the folder  /img/titles2/

Historial:

-Posibility to change to positions with commands

*two glitch corrections* -lagg correction and able to click during fading

Err... it doesn't say anything about video though

Well, maybe you can custimize the title and if you want an animation I found this other plugin for a movie before the title...

http://www.blog.rpgmakertimes.info/scripts/rmmv-jgss/pretitle-movie-plugin-rmmv/

Or maybe you can do something like this 

And instead of a looping background you could add a movie clip

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
have you tried browing the MV master list of plugins? There was a simple one that had a map before the title, you could use any events you wanted before

calling plugin script to advance to the Title. I guess I will post it in a little bit when I finish touching up errors in my game so far...

Hector

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I gave up on having an animated title screen, so I downloaded a skip title plugin, then put the movie on parallel play, then made a conditional branch and set it to "press shift" to return to title screen so the video would play before the title screen, (the shift to skip the video) but the shift doesn't work until after the videos already over!!!

I guess my real question is Can you skip a movie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why have you given up on an animated title screen?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Take a look at my signature, there's a plugin named "Video Title".

Hector

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Omg ur amazing! Thanx a bunch

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yung_DemonxSlayer