Movie or something similar during Title Screen.

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by KingHazeel, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingHazeel

KingHazeel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm finally getting around to finishing the early demo for my game and the last thing I feel I need to touch up on is the Title Screen which is...ahhh...very basic. I don't have any artistic talents, so I was thinking maybe it could be something involving the game itself. Perhaps a montage of game events (in this case from the demo) with adventurous music playing in the background or else something peaceful with the main character wandering around their home town and engaging in various activities while the player starts up the game.

I've seen various scrips for movies before the Title Screen, but I'm hoping for something that plays during it. Alternatively, if a movie is too difficult to pull off for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind the idea of the title screen appearing over a map while a parallel process goes on loop. Does anyone know of such a script?

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  3. KingHazeel

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  4. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The code had smiley faces in the script.
    done

5. KingHazeel

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Been feeling under the weather for the last few days, so I only now have gotten a chance to check this out. It seems to be working well, but I've noticed it has a script conflict with Galv's Character Effect for some reason. If I start the player in an area with the effects enabled, I get an error "undefined method: 'refresh_effects'". I'm not sure if I should be making a new thread about this or keep it here, but I was wondering if anyone happened to know of a bug fix for this?

EDIT: Weirdly enough, I notice that if I set the parallel process to wait a single frame before turning the effects on, there's no problems. I suppose that more or less fixes the issue, but I wonder if there's a permanent way to implement things so the script waits a bit before starting the game--or whatever's causing it to act this way.

6. KingHazeel

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I recently managed to set up the Title Screen so the options (New Game, Continue, and Shut Down) are laid out horizontally, but I was wondering if anyone could provide a small script or snippet that would allow the left and right arrow keys to control the selection movement in addition to or instead of up and down?

EDIT: I figured out how to do it on my own. I'll request for this topic to be closed.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.