Movie or something similar during Title Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm finally getting around to finishing the early demo for my game and the last thing I feel I need to touch up on is the Title Screen which is...ahhh...very basic. I don't have any artistic talents, so I was thinking maybe it could be something involving the game itself. Perhaps a montage of game events (in this case from the demo) with adventurous music playing in the background or else something peaceful with the main character wandering around their home town and engaging in various activities while the player starts up the game.

I've seen various scrips for movies before the Title Screen, but I'm hoping for something that plays during it. Alternatively, if a movie is too difficult to pull off for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind the idea of the title screen appearing over a map while a parallel process goes on loop. Does anyone know of such a script?

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been feeling under the weather for the last few days, so I only now have gotten a chance to check this out. It seems to be working well, but I've noticed it has a script conflict with Galv's Character Effect for some reason. If I start the player in an area with the effects enabled, I get an error "undefined method: 'refresh_effects'". I'm not sure if I should be making a new thread about this or keep it here, but I was wondering if anyone happened to know of a bug fix for this?

EDIT: Weirdly enough, I notice that if I set the parallel process to wait a single frame before turning the effects on, there's no problems. I suppose that more or less fixes the issue, but I wonder if there's a permanent way to implement things so the script waits a bit before starting the game--or whatever's causing it to act this way.

KingHazeel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recently managed to set up the Title Screen so the options (New Game, Continue, and Shut Down) are laid out horizontally, but I was wondering if anyone could provide a small script or snippet that would allow the left and right arrow keys to control the selection movement in addition to or instead of up and down?

EDIT: I figured out how to do it on my own. I'll request for this topic to be closed.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~
Its Chinese new year today! Happy year of the rat~
just got back from the doctor about my back - 3 -)~ will know in a week or so's time how bad the problem is. Overall doing better though! not hurting so badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlWantsACar