Masterfw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am trying to add movies to my VX Ace game, but the audio isn't lining up properly. The movies are between 2-3 mins, and the audio always gets messy and doesn't finish the same time as the visual. The format is right, .ogv. I am using vlc to convert from .avi to .ogv. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support' is for when you can't get the engine to run.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Seems like a sync problem to me.
If you converted to the right format from something else but didn't paid attention to the fps rate of the video versus the sound flow of the current project (that might be set on different fps), it probably causes the issue.

03:35

Last edited:

Masterfw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to get the fps to line up with the audio, but the audio still trips over itself in the game. It will play for 3 seconds, then jump 15 seconds ahead and play 1 second, then jump back and play correctly for a few more seconds before doing it again. The OGV files play correctly in VLC, it's when they are played by the game it messes up.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you give me a link to the Avi file. I have Movavi video suite program and could try to do the conversion with it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loowa