JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know how I might go about moving an event to a location on the map when the player clicks there?

I know how to return the location of the click just fine. It's determining how I can get the event to move to a specific location using the grid system that's giving me problems.

Or is there a means to move events while bypassing the grid system?

Thanks in advance!

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can have an event that looks like the player, and then change the player's graphic to a cursor. Then you can have the event you want to follow the cursor be set to a move route to constantly follow the player.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can have an event that looks like the player, and then change the player's graphic to a cursor. Then you can have the event you want to follow the cursor be set to a move route to constantly follow the player.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean...

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, yeah. I did kind of a bad job of explaining, but basically, you change the player's graphic to a cursor graphic. Then, you have whatever event you want to follow the cursor be set on a continuous move route (you can make the event parallel process or set the move route to "repeat action depending on how you want to trigger the event) to move towards the player. Then you can have a conditional branch to check for button input (you can set it to any button) and inside of that, there'd be a self switch that will stop the event's move route. I'm not quite sure what you're using it for, so that's why I said you can clone the player with an event.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, I've also realized that It's not just the cursor I'm going to want to do this with...

I'm going to create a new thread with a different question and let this one sink because it's the wrong question to ask. My bad.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Sounds like you want to search for pathfinding.
Can it be several events pathfinding to various locations at the same time?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer