Moving/animated Bust Portraits (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by animesock52, Jun 29, 2016.

1. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I do hope this is the correct place to ask. I've started seeing these really interesting moving character portraits being used for visual novel games, I've also seen them used in "Dragons Crown". I am quiet fond of them and have been trying to develop my own using individual frames. The one I have an example of is for idle breathing its still a little rough, but I would also have one for blinking and talking. It is a loop of 9 frames. 

[​IMG]

My question is- has anyone been working on developing anything like this? Are there scripts already made or a method of events that would perhaps work for this idea? I've looked through master scripts, but I'm still unsure. I realize its quiet different from other animated busts. However, before thinking of making a script request I wanted some thoughts and opinions on the best way to takle this for RPG Maker VX Ace. 

(Note): I've tried using the animation feature normally used for skill animations, but using it makes me loose the quality of the image using that method since I have to shrink the image and them expand it again. 

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know that Modern Algebra's Advanced Text System Scripts contain a method to animate faces (blinking eyes, talking mouth and so on) in the text messages, but I don't know (because I never checked for that) if the same function could be used with busts,

You'll have to check that for yourself

[VXA] ATS: Face Options 1.0.3

3. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks I'll give it a try. I looked over it, I might be able to use this if I do some set up with my pieces, it will take sometime to set up, but I'll let people know if it works. Thank you again!