Moving background Hotline Miami Like

DadaBandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm currently doing a game Hotline Miami Rpg like Spin off.
And I was searching for a background script that could help but had no luck.
It would be awesome if someone help me.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it would really help if you describe what you want instead of saying "like unknown game XY" without even providing a link to the game.

kiyasu

Professional Illustrator and Character Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar I looked it up and this is what I could find:
However, I still don't know exactly what (T_T)

@DadaBandit I hope you don't mind, but could you please provide more details on what exactly you are wanting to achieve for your game? It would help a lot if you could do that for everyone =)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the kind of effect you see
OK, the trees are basically a double parallax with distortion to simulate a 3D movement - or simply a fixed fullsize animation. And the text is also either a fixed animation (likely for the title) or an text effect script (likely for the menu points).

getting them done will not be easy, because the RM's default parallax has only one direction and can't be used for this.

Your best chance would be either an animated title screen script where the different title screens used in the animation simulate the effect, or using a skip title script and have a map where you use an event with a lot of cycling show pictures to get that effect.

there is no way to create the effect directly because VXA has a closed-source graphics library that can't be accessed directly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7626