xcom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone!

This is more of an annoyance then anything else.  I  want to know if there's a way to move the choices box on the screen.  I have a couple instances where the choice box appears in a annoying, in the way spot.  (See the picture in the spoiler for what I mean.)  I would like to move it down if possible.  Any suggestions on how to fix this for VX Ace?

Thanks!

choice box.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Done.

# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# VXA - Choice Setup Position# ** Author: Soulpour777# Version 1.0# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Description:# Choices are, well permanently positioned to the right side of the screen.# However, sometimes you do not want this, and perhaps might want to put the# choice on the center, on the top, down, left side, right side or whatever # side there is. This script does that.# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Usage:# Script Calls:# $game_system.change_y_pos(y_pos)# ^ changes the y position of the choice list, where y_pos is the number.# $game_system.change_x_pos(x_pos)# ^ changes the x position of the choice list, where x_pos is the number.# $game_system.change_window_width(w_width)# ^ changes the width of the choice list window, where w_width is the number.# $game_system.change_choice_height(c_height)# ^ changes the window height of the choice list, where c_height is the number.# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Author's Notes:# You can use this to position your choices. I am really annoyed with the # choice position of the default maker.# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=#==============================================================================# ** Game_System#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# This class handles system data. It saves the disable state of saving and # menus. Instances of this class are referenced by $game_system.#==============================================================================class Game_System #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Public Instance Variables #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- attr_accessor :choice_width attr_accessor :choice_window_width attr_accessor :mb_y_pos attr_accessor :mb_x_pos attr_accessor :choice_height #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Alias Listings #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias message_choice_initialize initialize #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Object Initialization #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def initialize message_choice_initialize @choice_width = 320 @choice_height = 20 @mb_y_pos = 30 @mb_x_pos = 0 @choice_window_width = Graphics.width - @choice_width end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Change Y Position #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def change_y_pos(y_pos) @mb_y_pos = y_pos end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Change X Position #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def change_x_pos(x_pos) @mb_x_pos = x_pos end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Change Window Width #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def change_window_width(w_width) @choice_window_width = w_width end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Change Choice Height #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def change_choice_height(c_height) @choice_height = c_height end end#==============================================================================# ** Window_ChoiceList#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# This window is used for the event command [Show Choices].#==============================================================================class Window_ChoiceList < Window_Command #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Update Window Position #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias window_choice_update_placement update_placement def update_placement window_choice_update_placement self.width = $game_system.choice_window_width self.height - $game_system.choice_height self.x = $game_system.mb_x_pos self.y = $game_system.mb_y_pos end end 
Read the instructions how to change your position.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

xcom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry Shaz, I should have know that this would be a script issue.

SoulPour777, I'm guessing it's this line I need to adjust to move the choice box?

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Object Initialization
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def initialize
message_choice_initialize
@choice_width = 320
@choice_height = 20
@mb_y_pos = 30
@mb_x_pos = 0
@choice_window_width = Graphics.width - @choice_width
end
I'm also getting a error message when it tries to open a choice box now.

chocie error message.jpg

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
if you want to change the vertical position of your choice box, use:

$game_system.change_y_pos(y_pos)for example:

$game_system.change_y_pos(12)You should not directly change it in the script. Same goes with the horizontal position of the choice box.

xcom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
if you want to change the vertical position of your choice box, use:

$game_system.change_y_pos(y_pos)for example:

$game_system.change_y_pos(12)You should not directly change it in the script. Same goes with the horizontal position of the choice box.

I'm sorry, but I'm very noobish when it comes to this. 

When I searched your script, the only line I found with $game_system.change_y_pos(y_pos) is line 14 but it has a # in front of it, so I thought means it's just a note and doesn't effect the script.  (Or maybe I don't understand it correctly.)  I still changing it to 12 like you showed, but I'm still getting that error message. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That IS a comment. The line that actually does it is the one with def change_y_position(...)

The comment you saw is part of the documentation explaining how the script is used :)

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi xcom, that is a comment, a part of a documentation I made how to use the script. To not get confused, here's a simple demo that uses the script to get you a headstart:

https://db.tt/uE2NTSfU

Have a nice day ahead.

xcom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh you mean I had to put it in the event itself like you did in your example game!  I was thinking I had to edit the script itself to do it. 

I'm still getting that line 107 error message though when I try to talk to that character.

chocie error message.jpg
I tried moving it around in the load order and I still get it no matter where I place it. 

I'm using the following and in this order:

Victor Scripts - Basic 1.21

Victor Scripts - Animated Battle 1.21

Victor Scripts - Animation Settings 1.03

Victor Scripts - Actors Battlers 1.09

Zeus Lights & Shadows 1.3

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you playing a new game, or did you load a save file? If the latter, try starting a new game, to make sure everything is initialized properly.

Show a screenshot of your event.

xcom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ug, why didn't I think of that.

Yes I was trying it out from a saved game.  As soon as I started a fresh game it worked just fine.  I had the exact same problem when I was trying to get Victor's scripts to work.  I set it all up, and kept getting a error message.  As soon as I tried from a fresh game, it worked fine. 

Thanks for helping this idiot out.  Now I just have to mess with the x/y pos to get it to where I like.

Thanks again!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biotictrash