Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with event pathing. My NPC (at the table) is tied to 2 different events, one for pathing, one for interacting with my hero. Pathing is super simple - walk right, turn down, walk rleft, turn down.

Now for the buggy part. I can talk to the NPC freely, he will turn toward me and say 2 random things I've got on a switch loop. If I stand on a red mark, he will just keep pushing until he gets there, no issues here either. However, there's this 1 second window where he turns to move, and if I start talking to him there, he will move toward black spot instead, completely destroying his pattern.

To put it simply, whenever I try to interact with pathed event the moment it's supposed to move, it will move to the opposite direction, screwing up everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
B6jL0OX

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 12

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Show us the event and move route pages, then we can tell you what to change.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Any reason why you need a separate event for pathing?

Your NPC should be the only event you need for what you want to achieve (based on your description).
Just choose "Custom" for "Autonomous Movement", and define the "Route..." like you would in your pathing event.

Capture.PNG
Doing this will stop the NPC's movement, as soon as the player is interacting with it.

Quanee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First attached pic is my routing, the other 2 are self switching dialogue options.

@Nolonar I've tried using custom movement, but it seems to be lagging out my NPC for a split second before turning down.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 6

Quanee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have just tested the "custom" autonomous movement and it's happening to it as well.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never, absolutely never place a loop inside a parallel process.
Parallel processes automatically loop, and the added loop will throw off all internal timing controls.

Additionally, the skip and wait options of the move route are the reason for the seemingly random behaviour...

Go back to start, the event needs to be done differently.
Please describe to us what you want to achieve with the event, and we will tell you how to do that.
Usually this should be done with autonomous movement and action button trigger, never using parallels at all.

Quanee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Thank you, it would seem I have gotten rid of the first issue - weird pathing bugs. I have completely scrapped the event and made it to work with just autonomous event and it seems to be working just fine.

I'd like to only ask one more thing. Is it possible to make my event NPC movements more... fluent? He seems to be taking his time between movements, like few frames.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Frequency and speed both affect movement.
And frequency is how often the movement is done or paused, you'll need it to max to eliminate random pauses and then adjust the speed slower if the event moves too fast.

Quanee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Works like a charm now, I've been changing frequency on a wrong tab all this time... thank you.

Solved!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MechaWitch