MusicWizard

Musician & Coder.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hello fellow RPG Maker game developers.

I got a question but i am not sure i am in the right part of the forum.
Anyways.

I am trying to get an NPC and MOB that are moving around as an Event to have an light source that follows them while they are moving around in random.
How to make it work with a classic script?

I have tried to use the "Khas Awesome Light Effects" lantern style, but without progress.

l = $game_map.lantern
l.change_owner($game_player)
l.set_graphic("torch_m")
l.set_opacity(180,30)
l.show

But i don't know how to make it work with an "EVENT / NPC / MOB" that moves around.

I wonder if i could change the "l.change_owner($game_player)" to an "Event" which is an moving "NPC / Enemy / MOB"

Any help wo make it work would be superb.

Thanks in advance!

-- Taurus1979

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Nope, wrong place. Scripts is for completed scripts that you're sharing. Script Requests is for asking for scripts. Script Support (under the support forum section) is for asking for help with scripts.

Do you want it to actually be positioned WHERE the player is, or do you want it to somehow FOLLOW the player (trail a distance behind)? And if you have several events, you'll need several light sources, won't you? I'm not sure if MOB is just a group of people or monsters, or if it's an acronym for something.

MusicWizard

Musician & Coder.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Let me put it this way.

There's a moving NPC in the dark which you can't see if not there's a light source that's attached to the NPC whitch is moving with the NPC while moving around.
The NPC can also be a MOB / Enemy moving around in the darkness of an labyrinth or a dungeon.

Yes, i need to have a bunch of light sources on the same map at once in different locations and on Enemies which are turned off then killed.

That is what i am looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.
dEj6ha4.png

WIP :)
Added some cliffs / walls / roofs to the tilesheet and am currently working on roof objects to make them prettier and more variable. And of course, windows and doors that fit to the game's style.
I also adjusted the grass color but i have some issues with my display, so if it looks weird, please let me know :)
Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joond