Moving NPCs (read: Events) without “Set Move Route”

HeroOfLimes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a fight scene that starts on a map. The fight begins as a result of conversation through an event. I am wanting to rearrange the position of the Player and other NPCs so that combat looks like it has taken place. Is there a way to move the positions of these events by Event Processing (without using “Set Move Route”?)

Alternatively - and I’m thinking this might end up being the easiest solution - is to create a duplicate map, but with starting points of Events in the positions that I want.

AoDLegacy

Fantasy Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want the events to be moved instantly, you can use Set Event Location. Depending on Maker Version, you can direct designate, designate with variables, or exchange with event. You can also tell the engine what orientation it will be at.

HOWEVER- -If you are wanting them to stay there when you leave and come back, you will likely need to do a parallel process or an autorun that runs the set event location every time the map is reloaded from that point. That's how i would probably do that, assuming I have your intent right.

coyotecraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think event pages are overlooked. Maybe it's natural to designate an event by name and think of event13 as "Suzie the maid". But the event is whatever you need it to be. Maybe Page 1 is Suzie. Maybe Page 2 is a coin purse thrown on a table for a certain scene.
You can control the event's page state with switches and variables.

So you don't have to "move" a specific event. You can just have another event in place, awaiting the page conditions to appear. Although, hidden events can mess with certain behaviors. Airships for example won't land on top of other events. Supposedly, you can keep npcs from randomly wandering into narrow areas or blocking exits by blocking them with off with a blank event as well.
So maybe you'll want to stage scene related events somewhere out of the way and still move them into a scene. Event pages have their own "movements" to begin with, so once active they can move themselves nearly instantly to a new position with a high speed movement or script call like $gameMap.event(id).locate(x,y)
(make sure 'repeat movements' is off)
There might be a frame or 2 delay, but any "blip" should be concealed by a natural screen fade in.

dnel57

dnel57
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a thought:
Wouldn't a cutscene work for this? You could control all nps from one event

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni