Kayoz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi,

This is a simple question but haven't been able to find an answer for it. I want to move a npc that is currently on the map, during an event that is already taking place. How can I move this character? I tried using the route movement, but that seems to start once I enter the screen. My event takes place a few minutes after the player enters the map. I hope this is making sense.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

Please confirm that you are using MV. You posted in MV Tutorials (which is not the place to ask questions, and caused your post to go into an approval queue), but your profile says you primarily use RMXP.

Is "a few minutes after" literally a few minutes after, as in so many seconds after the player enters the map, or is it when they do something specific or go somewhere specific, which just happens to occur a few minutes after they enter the map?

What is the move you want the NPC to do? Give us an idea of what's happening here, because the best way to do it will depend on what you're trying to achieve.

Kayoz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi.

Thank you. I found out what I was doing wrong. I wasn't aware that there was a way to change the specific character in the route movement editor. I located the button at the top that defaults [Player] and was able to create new events that allow me to route for the NPCs. Pretty simple once I learned how to do use it I guess.

Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
SF_People3_4 added!
index.php

Finds notes for an old side project... Oh, that's right, the two tracks that sounded really cool and gave inspiration for the big bad in that game... Spends day working on cutscene from old notes, looks okay, now lets slot in the first track... um... I did have those tracks??? It was a year or so ago but I did buy them didn't I?
CA9mtHJ.gif

Everything is really confusing for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donkeyrol