QBalaq

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok #1 If this is not posted in the correct location do move it as I really don't know where is what & what is where.

So I have an idea that I can't seem to get correct, & it seems that nobody has yet to find an answer for without using scripts and plugin's.

Which is moving Platforms that allows the Players to board and move on lilipads across small lakes and or etc similarities....

I have completed 1 half of this which allows the player to move forward with the direction of the platform, but, I haven't gotten it to go backwards.

I can get the Player to do so but, doing so I can't figure out how to get the player to exit the platform.

Here's my progress and steps.

1: create an item(hidden item or whatever you want)

2: make a moving Platform using the default (not event made)
(The only way I thought about atm would be to give that platform a conditional Branch that allows the player to Walk on the platform so as long as you have that item.)

3: set that condition to give Player a route movement that follows the platform also set the player to through.(once route is complete the player should then be able to step off the platform)

Side note: you can use this method to allow both back and forth movement on that platform(again doing both back & forth, you won't be able to leave the platform, because you'll be set to follow the platforms route).

I was thinking of using a second item to allow the player to get back on the platform and go in the opposing direction.

But yeah if anyone has any ideas to further this method feel free to drop them.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What engine are you using? MV or MZ?

Why don't you want to use a plugin? What if there IS no way to do it without a plugin?

QBalaq

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What engine are you using? MV or MZ?

Why don't you want to use a plugin? What if there IS no way to do it without a plugin?
I'm using MZ, and I almost got it... I'm currently experimenting with Self Switches, the reason I don't want to use a plug-in tbh because I feel it should've been incorporated within the Program plus i don't have money to offer somebody tbh... Also doing so will help not only me but others with this. Lol kind of silly ik but considering it's a been a question for years on in... The only method I've came across wasn't working while the platforms are moving...

UPDATE: So using self switch works... Sort of... Only thing now is, it throws off the movements making the player move slightly before hand... Assuming this can be fixed if A:) Fixing my wait time before the platform & or the player moves..

Or

B:) using something bigger

UPDATE2

Ok so I've got it to work 95%...
So here's my current issue... Lol the event for my Platform is set to "Same as Character" which makes it look eh.... Ofc this is because I'm using it on water tiles... The only thing left to do is to get it to show below the player...only problem is I can't interact with the event while set to below... No I can't walk on it while set to below because it's on the water... I'LL try to find a work around and keep you all updated

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Thought i'd be cool to have like a company introduction. Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxheo