Moving Side walk

Zio

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking for a reference resource on a moving side walk that is viewed both vertical and horizontal. Since I am creating my own tilesets, I am looking for references in regards to the perspective view point. I tried to use google images but was unable to find an image with the correct view. 

Perspective view would be the standard for the rpgmaker games I guess, so it does not look wonky when the sprite moves over it. 

Thanks. 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know I would look at some of the bridge tiles - there are some in both perspectives and should help you understand the view of it. Then you would just need to to put the texture so to speak of the conveyor over it. Does that make sense at all?

Perhaps this would help with the vertical perspective? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCBGScMK0is

Last edited by a moderator:

Zio

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know I would look at some of the bridge tiles - there are some in both perspectives and should help you understand the view of it. Then you would just need to to put the texture so to speak of the conveyor over it. Does that make sense at all?

Perhaps this would help with the vertical perspective? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCBGScMK0is
It makes sense in a way, not finding to many bridge tiles posted in the forum or they are so buried it will take some digging haha. I will check out the youtube vid thanks for the reply :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Moving sidewalks are images made up of boxes, maybe a perspective tutorial would be more helpful here.  This is the tutorial that helped me finally understand how it all worked.

Zio

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
great box tutorial, I am sure it will come into use for many other projects. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajohac685