dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mp.png

With the event set up like this, the MP is only recovered (visually that is) when you perform your party's actions.

Example: My MP is 6/6, I use 2 MP, so now my MP is 4/6. After the enemies turns, it circles back to me, but it still says I have 4/6 MP. It's only until I begin performing my actions that the MP's real value is properly displayed.

How do I get it to show the MP's recovered value when the turn is over, but before I finish selecting my next actions?

Last edited:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way that event is set up, it only triggers at the start of battle. If you want something to trigger at the end of each turn, you need to set Conditions to 'Turn 1*X' and Span to 'Turn'.

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way that event is set up, it only triggers at the start of battle. If you want something to trigger at the end of each turn, you need to set Conditions to 'Turn 1*X' and Span to 'Turn'.
You sure? The way I have it set up had the right timing: After the enemies turns, and right before my battle menu for my turns are displayed again. And it repeats.

When I tried your version here, it activates after I select all my commands, and only on the first turn. Not to mention the MP visual bug is still there.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're both partially right.

turn end triggers at the end of every turn.
the span determines how often an event triggers: once per battle, once per turn, once per action/moment.

so with the original setting the event triggers after the players first turn. But only once, if you had continued the playtest you would have realised that it won't trigger again after the second turn.

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're both partially right.

turn end triggers at the end of every turn.
the span determines how often an event triggers: once per battle, once per turn, once per action/moment.

so with the original setting the event triggers after the players first turn. But only once, if you had continued the playtest you would have realised that it won't trigger again after the second turn.
Oh yeah, weird, could've sworn it did repeat. Thank you both for that. Now if only I could get to the bottom of the visual bug.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would first try disabling all plugins.

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would first try disabling all plugins.
Okay, I figured out it's because of SRD_BattleStatusCustomizer. Makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks. If I find a solution to this for anyone who is having a similar problem, but wants to keep using the plugin, I'll post here.

Matrien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I had a similar issue once that I solved by adding manual refresh commands. Below where you change the MP, try adding the script
JavaScript:
BattleManager.refreshStatus();

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I had a similar issue once that I solved by adding manual refresh commands. Below where you change the MP, try adding the script
JavaScript:
BattleManager.refreshStatus();
It works! Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottaSpice